Chapter Twenty One

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 17, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

I arrive home after Ryan and Ashley give me a ride and I go in after saying goodbye to them, who are going to have a snack together. They even invited me, but I chose not to accept, because I don't want to be a third wheel.

In those moments when I need to catch a ride with someone, not that I don't like it, because I like to be with my friends, since my mother is working when I come back from school and she can only drop me off there sometimes too, it is inevitable that I don't remember Anthony, because he was my companion for years.

I feel that I am managing to move on and at the same time that I feel happy that I am doing this, I feel sad and guilty because I feel as if I am leaving him behind.

Since my mother is not home, I go straight to my room, throwing my backpack and cell phone on the bed and going into the bathroom, where I take off my clothes and get under the shower, trying to take a relaxing bath while thinking about what Alexander and Williams will say in their respective depositions.

I am sure they know that they can't lie in a statement, because if they do they will be committing the crime of perjury, and if the police find out they lied, they can be sentenced to up to five years in prison, but I can not believe that they will tell the truth.

I leave the bathroom and go to the closet, where I put on an exercise outfit, because after I do my homework, which is few, I know I won't have anything else to do, so I'm going for a walk to the park.

I leave the closet and get my backpack, from which I take my books and my case, sitting down at my desk soon after with my things, where I do my activities by doing research on my notebook.

After I finish my activities, I put away my material and leave my backpack packed for tomorrow. I take my cell phone and my headphones and leave the room, going downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hi Marilyn," I greet the woman who is busy chopping some vegetables.

"Hi Madison. Do you want something to eat?"

"No, no. I will just grab an apple and a bottle of water, because I'm going for a walk," I say walking over to the fridge, where I grab a bottle of water.

"Are you going by yourself?" She stops what she is doing and looks at me worried, making me understand why she is worried.

"I'm not going to run away. I'm just going to walk. When my mom comes home, can you tell her I went to do that?"

"Yes, I can, but where are you going to walk?"

"I'm going for a walk to the park," I grab an apple from the fruit basket and take a bite of it.

"Okay. I will let her know," and I agree smiling.

"Thank you," I say and leave the kitchen and after have finished eating my apple, I leave my house, being surprised to see my father getting out of his car, the same one that is parked in front of my mother's house.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I want to talk to your mother. Is she?"

"Does Mia know that you are here?" I ironize and he looks at me seriously.

"Have you forgotten that I am still your father and you own me respect?" He mocks angrily and I give a wry laugh.

"The same father who left his family to be with another woman? The same father whose his daughter doesn't even know where he lives? What a good father I have," I try to walk past by him to leave, but he holds my arm.