Chapter Thirty Six

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 26, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

"Everything looks so beautiful, Mrs. Miller," I say as soon as I enter Bryan's house with my mother and we go in the garden with his mother, looking at the party decorations, his family members and our friends from Justice and Royalty.

"Thank you, Madison. It's a pleasure to have you here. By the way, are you okay? I heard about what happened."

"Yes, we are. Thank you for asking," my mom gives her a brief smile and I look over, seeing old friends of mine approaching.

"Let's talk to the other adults and let the kids talk," and my mom agrees, walking away with her from me soon after.

"What's up, Mad? How long?" Peter, one of Justice's soccer players and my friend, approaches and gives me a hug.

"Hi Peter," I greet him and and look at my other four friends from old school. "Hi Luke and Justin, hi Michelle and Elena," I greet them too and we exchange quick hugs.

"We miss you as the cheerleading squad leader," and I smile at what Elena says to me.

"Are you a cheerleader at Royalty, right?" Luke asks.

"No, no. I was, but I left a little while ago."

"Why? You've always liked to dance and create choreography," Michelle says.

"Yeah, but I wasn't in the mood for it," and they agree. "But some of the girls sitting there are cheerleaders, including the green-eyed girl next to the blonde boy is the leader of the Royalty cheerleading team."

"The blond one is handsome," Elena says with a smile, admiring my friend and I give a small laugh.

"Yeah. He's the captain of the soccer team and he dates the girl I just showed you," I say and her smile cracks, making me and the boys laugh.

"You lost him even before you got him." Justin mocks and I look at him.

"Are you guys still together?" I ask in regards to him and Michelle, who at the time when I studied with them, one hour they were together and another hour they didn't even look at each other.

"We are," she stops next to him and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Last week they weren't even talking to each other," Peter comments and I laugh, seeing that my friends from Royalty are staring at me.

"Let's go to the staff table so I can introduce them to you."

We go to the table and I introduce my old friends to my new ones, who greet each other and start chatting, causing them, shortly after, to gather their tables for everyone to sit at, which surprises me.

"Andrey wasn't invited, was he?" I sit down next to Ashley and ask in a tone that only the two of us can hear.

"Obviously not.. it makes me sad that we're here making out and he's all alone," and I agree, feeling the same way.

"I feel guilty for their bad relationship".

"Yeah.. you are guilty," and I look at her.

"Thanks for the help," I wryly say.

"But at the same time that it's your fault, it's also not, because you didn't encourage them to fight for you, on the contrary, you encouraged them to be friends, and because it's also not your fault if they like you.

"Yeah.. true."

"If they are to be friends, they will be. Relax, Mad," and I nod.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. Do you want anything?"