Chapter Fourty Six

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

December 16, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

After a 15-minute break, we return to the courtroom and sit in the same seats we were, but stand up when the judge and jury members return, the same ones who sit down in their respective seats.

Although the audience that is present for the session now is the same as the previous one, because it is his obligation, the judge explains again how the trial will work.

Unlike last session, I start to prepare myself psychologically before I even know if I will be called, which I am sure will happen.

"You may send in the defendant Alexander Wilson O'Connell," the judge says and the large side doors are opened for the second time for the entry of a defendant.

Alexander enters and I feel the hairs on my body shiver from the disgust I feel and from feeling the same sensation I felt the moment he committed the crime against me.

I see that he is thinner, with a thinning beard and dark circles under his eyes. He goes to his seat and after taking the oath, the judge asks him to sit down, which he does and soon afterwards the trial begins.

"Mr. Wilson, do you understand what charge you have been charged with?"

"No, your honor, because they interpreted what I said in my statement the wrong way," and now my mother and I stare at each other without understanding, because according to Chris, he really had assumed what he did.

"And how does the defendant plead?"

"Not guilty, your honor."

The judge agrees and allows Robert to go to the front to ask Alexander the questions he wants.

"So Mr. Wilson.. how do you define your relationship with the students at Royalty while you worked there as a teacher?"

"Loving and respectful."

Why doesn't David cough now?

"In your statement, you said you had an affair with some female students at the school, right? Which was considered by the deputy in the case to be a confession to the crime."

"Yes, but.." Robert interrupts him.

"Are you aware that it is considered a crime for a teacher to date an underage student?" Robert questions and Alexander's lawyer stands up, interrupting.

"Your honor, Attorney Robert is lying. It is considered a crime if the student is under 16, which is not the case here, since all the girls who are here are over 16.

"Your honor, the defendant's lawyer is getting in my way by talking at a time that is not his," Robert complains.

"Order in the court!" The judge slams the gavel. "Proceed Mr. Robert."

"Thank you, your honor," he looks at Alexander again. "Moving on.. no matter if the students were over 16, it is still considered illegal for a teacher to date a student. Were you aware of that?"

"Yes, but all the affairs I've had have been consensual on both sides," and I feel like throwing up when I hear him say that. I am so disgusted by this man.

Robert goes to his desk and picks up the copies of Alexander's statement again, handing them one more time to the judge and the jury, and for the first time to Alexander himself.

"Can you read what is written in lines 9 to 12?"

"I did not harass any of my students. Every time I have been involved with any of my students it has been consensual. They wanted it and showed it," he has to be kidding us.