Chapter Eleven

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 14, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

"Anything call me!" My mother yells as I run toward Bryan's car.

"Okay. Bye!"

"Bye. Good class my loves," she waves to Bryan and he does the same for her.

"Took you long!" Bryan says as soon as I get in the car and I smile.

"I was watering Anthony's plants."

"Got it. Can we go now?" I agree and he starts driving toward the school.

Yesterday after my mother left my room, it took me a while yet to sleep, as I was a bit pensive.

Spending this last week there in San Francisco for me was really good to get my head on straight. No more problems came up and my life became a little calmer. Now that I have the delegate on my side, I think it will be easier to get justice.

"Are you looking forward to your comeback?" Bryan jokes as soon as he parks his car in the school parking lot.

"Super," I say jokingly as well and we get out of the car.

I am a little reassured in the sense that I know I will not see Alexander, but I'm a bit anxious to see the reaction of the staff when they see me.

We enter the school and I receive several surprised looks at me.

"Everyone is looking at me." I whisper to Bryan, who makes a confirmation noise with his mouth.

"You were already beautiful with long hair, now that your hair is short, you're even more beautiful. They're admiring you," and I smile at him.

I see Ashley and the boys sitting at a table, the same ones who when they see me are shocked and stand up, coming towards me.

"Mad! I missed you." David comes over to me and lifted me up in a hug. "I was worried about you. Where have you been?"

"I spent those days in San Francisco."

"Wow, San Francisco is some hours away." he speaks and looks at Bryan. "Did you come with him?"

"Yes. I wasn't going back for now, but Bryan remembered a conversation we had and went there, found me and convinced me to come back."

"Wow, he didn't even say anything to us."

"I asked him and Ashley..." he looks at me with surprise. "I came back yesterday and asked them not to mention that I had come back, because I wanted to surprise you and the boys."

"Andrey was going to your house every day. Did he know that too?"

"No, when I arrived, he had already left a few hours ago."

"So they are your favorites?" He makes a drama and I smile.

"All of you are my favorites." And he agrees.

"I hope. Because you're one of my favorites," and I smile, giving him another hug. "But what's up, are you okay?"

"I'm better," I let go of him. "What about you? Are you feeling better after your breakup with Emily?" He agrees. "Good."

"We have a lot to talk about, see?" and I agree, looking over to see Ryan waiting to talk to me as well.

"Any time you want," I say and pull away a little to talk to my other friend.

"Hey Mad, what a scare you gave us," he says giving me a tight hug.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to," I say and we let go.