07 - Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀꜱꜱᴇꜱꜱᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ

Previously on Latibule

All of us blinked with confusion.

However, I wasn't going to make a bad name for myself already on the first day by arguing with my teacher.

I suppose that's... rationality?

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 7///Quirk Assessment Test

-~:~-

I frowned. A quirk assessment test?

"But orientation, we're gonna miss it!" a girl exclaimed, holding her hands up in fists just like she had done while conversing excitedly in the doorway.

"If you really want to make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies," our teacher declared, not turning to look at us as he faced the field.

Yikes, okay. I was honestly a bit taken aback even though I had read somewhere that U.A. didn't have the most usual teaching methods when I did my research for school choices.

"Here at U.A. we're not bound to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

Bingo!

Mr Aizawa turned slightly so he could face us instead of the field. "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before."

I was starting to see his point and I wasn't sure if I liked it.

"The country's still trying to pretend we're created equal by not letting those with the most power excel," our homeroom teacher went on. "It's not rational."

Of course he'd say that. I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes.

"One day the ministry of education will learn."

I expected him to continue the speech but, instead, he changed the topic. Or rather, got on with the original topic.

"Bakugou, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam," he pointed out.

Bakugou looked lost for a second. I almost slimed at the ridiculous look on his face.

"What was your furthest distance throw with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

Bakugou looked at the ground, an unreadable look on his face. "67 meters, I think."

"Try doing it with your quirk," Mr Aizawa instructed before pointing Bakugou to a circle behind him. "Anything goes, just stay in the circle."

I wasn't paying attention after that. I was quite nervous, honestly. Okay, I was very nervous.

This is not good, not good at all, I frowned, playing with my hands. I went over all the physical tests in my mind, not getting any idea as to how I could associate them with my quirk.

Hot air made my hair float and snapped me back into reality. I looked up just in time to see Mr Aizawa show us Bakugou's score from his phone screen. 705.2 meters.

From the gasps around me, I could tell that everyone was just as shocked as I was. Or rather, they seemed excited.

I, on the other hand, wasn't excited at all.

Neither was our homeroom teacher, by the looks of it. "So this looks fun, huh?" he mused. "You have three years here to become a hero. If you think it's all gonna be games and playtime..." He grinned, sending shivers down my spine. "Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gage your potential. Whoever comes in last has none and will be expelled immediately."