14 - ᴀ ᴅᴇᴄʟᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Previously on Latibule:

My stomach churned in the same weird way it had at the hospital. Did Bakugou want to ride along with the ambulance?

As I sat up, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. My ears were red.

My reflection frowned, as did I. Am I still sick?

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 14///A Declaration

-~:~-

After the attack on the U.S.J., we were given a free day. Like a break of a sort. I thoroughly enjoyed that day, really. I slept in and then took myself an hour or two to wake up.

After that, though I had a day off, I went to train. As stupid as it sounds, I needed to know how far I could go with the bandages on and the wound still new.

Nor far, it turned out. I hadn't done half of my regular workout when so much blood started oozing out of the wound that I needed to change the bandages twice and was forbidden to move for the rest of the day.

Therefore, I made plans to visit Recovery Girl as soon as I got back to school so I could continue to train with all the others.

On the way there, Kirishima caught up with me. "Hey, L/n! How are you doing? I haven't heard from you in ages."

I furrowed my brows. "I thought Bakugou told you I was alright."

He frowned, too. "No? I haven't heard from him either, really. I don't even have his number."

"But he specifically told me that you wanted to know how I was doing."

"I did, of course, but I couldn't reach you in any way," Kirishima shrugged, the expression on his face telling me that he was starting to understand something. "What did he say? After you told him how you were doing?"

"He said, like, "whatever", or something, and went offline." I shrugged. "Isn't that weird?"

"I dunno," Kirishima laughed, holding the door open for me like the gentleman he strived to be. "Sounds to me like he cared about your well-being."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "He doesn't seem like the type."

"Pretty sure," Kirishima grinned, looking away from me as if he was hiding something. "After all, he did insist on escorting you to the hospital."

I frowned at the idea — it was ridiculous. Why would Bakugou of all people want to do something like that? Or was Kirishima right? Did he really care for my well-being?

We entered the classroom and took our seats, Kirishima going on to chat with Kaminari without a care in the world. I didn't share the carelessness due to the confused thoughts clouding my mind.

Bakugou was my classmate and sure, we had spoken a few times, but I'd never taken him for someone to call me a friend. Then again... He tried to reassure me when I was nervous. A sigh left my lips. What's going on?

I was woken from my thoughts by the very boy whom I was thinking about. He was yelling at Mineta. "Oh, shut up! Grow a pair, loser!"

I chuckled lightly. Why worry until there's nothing to worry about?

"Did you see how All Might fought that bird guy?" Sato asked, punching the air a few times.

Funny, that's what I named the Nomu at first, I mused.