67 - ᴀ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ

Previously on Latibule:

I frowned at the phone screen. For how long he'd typed it, the reply was very dry. And it was all he said, as well. There were no follow up questions, nothing to show the worry I knew he'd felt back when we were with the villains.

I silenced my phone and put it away before climbing to bed again, still feeling a bit troubled. Did I do something to offend Katsuki? I do hope he doesn't hate me for making fighting back there so difficult... Then again, it wasn't exactly my fault the stupid villains decided to take my quirk.

I yawned widely, stretching a bit before settling into the covers again. Whatever, Y/n. Those are tomorrow's troubles. And with that, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 67///A Favourable Outcome

-~:~-

I awoke quite late and ate breakfast (though, frankly, it was almost lunchtime). My parents were in their office (at home), working, so I had the peace to think about anything.

First of all, the moving. I could see where they came from but doing it so abruptly didn't seem reasonable. All of us had built lives here, where would we go anyway?

Second of all, the way Bakugou was acting. He'd seemed more agitated and cold towards me. But maybe that's just how he is? I thought suddenly. I knew he'd treated me differently than everyone else for some reason and maybe he'd just finally had enough of that. I grimaced at the thought. And just when I realised I liked him, too.

Third of all, my neck was itching. It was so uncomfortable that I was tempted to remove the bandages despite having to keep them on for at least one more day, according to the doctors.

A knock sounded on the door. Humming in thought, I left my cereal bowl as it was. I didn't know we were expecting anybody. Then again, I didn't exactly talk to my parents much yesterday.

I opened the door a little bit at first. And then I froze in utter confusion and bamboozlement. "Mr Aizawa? All Might?"

"Hello, L/n," my homeroom teacher greeted, bowing. "I believe we sent an urgent letter to your parents yesterday, saying we'd come for a talk today."

"Uhh, sure, I guess, though I don't know anything about it," I confessed before opening the door wider. "Come on in."

"Thank you, young L/n," All Might said. "How are your injuries?"

"I'll be fine soon, though they'll probably leave some scars," I said a bit more lightheartedly than I felt, secretly feeling glad that I'd decided to change out of my pyjamas before going to eat breakfast. "As for my quirk, the damage is not permanent — I'll just have to do without it for a few months."

The adults nodded. I quickly walked back to the kitchen and took my cereal bowl before turning back to the two adults. "You may make yourself comfortable in the living room," I gestured to the room with my free hand. "I'll go get my parents."

Without another word, I walked down the hall. I knocked on the door of the office (out of common courtesy) before entering and looking at my parents with a raised brow. "You guys didn't mention Mr Aizawa and All Might would be coming over."

My mother frowned. "But we called the school right away and said we refused any deal."

I raised a brow at the word deal but tried to remain neutral nonetheless. "Well, they're here now."

My father sighed and they both stood up. I took course for my room upstairs but when I heard my parents greet my teachers, I reconsidered and went to sit in the kitchen, which was conveniently connected to the living room. The table, however, was still out of the living room couch's field of vision, so I could eavesdrop. I didn't feel bad about it, though, because I figured that if it concerned U.A., it concerned me and therefore I had the right to know what was going on.

My mother was the one to open the conversation. "I'd thought we made it clear that Y/n will not be returning to U.A.."

"We are here to convince you otherwise," my homeroom teacher spoke calmly. "We, the teachers, see great potential in her. It would also be best if we could monitor her quirk, at least until she gets it back. It would help us to avoid situations like that in the future as well as help her make the most of it."

"But U.A., as of this year, doesn't seem to be as safe as we'd hoped it would be," my father reasoned calmly.

I chewed on my cereal as quietly as I could in order to hear the answer from All Might.

"While my teaching has given the school unwanted attention, the staff have also upped the security and as we stated in yesterday's letter, if — when — we go through with the dorm system, it will be safer than ever before. The students, in addition to the teachers being able to keep an eye on their progress, will also be able to keep an eye on each other. Living together also raises cooperation skills, which is crucial for youngsters like Y/n who want to become heroes."

Silence ensued. I could tell that my parents were considering it carefully.

"It would be easier to stay here, rather than start looking for a house elsewhere," my father finally said, carefully prompting my mother's reply.

"If it's surely safer than being with us—" I knew she was referring to herself and my dad "—I suppose I could allow it. It would also make breaking the news to her easier, as she already knows."

Surprised, I choked on my cereal, starting to cough violently.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" my mother called and I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Fine," I wheezed, trying to get my breathing under control again. It was proving difficult with the wide smile I had on my face because of the favourable turn of events.

"Thank you, Mrs L/n, you won't regret it," I heard All Might saying.

"We'll get the details to you soon," Mr Aizawa promised and with that they left.

My mother raised a brow at me as I was putting my dishes away.

"I know, eavesdropping is not polite," I answered before she could even ask the question. Then I straightened myself up. "But thank you, mum. I promise, I promise-promise-promise you won't regret it!"

Excitedly, I hugged my mother before going up to my room and looking out the window. The sun was shining, the white puffy clouds floating gracefully in the light blue palette. And somehow, blue didn't seem at all a sad colour anymore. Instead, it had, at least in my heart, gained an edge of hope.