10 - ᴀ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜱ

Previously on Latibule:

I nodded in agreement. "That's the weird part. The door was open so I looked in and saw nobody. There was just this purple... mist." My teacher's eyes narrowed. "But only for a few seconds," I added, observing his troubled expression. "Is something wrong?"

He put a hand on my shoulder. "You don't have to worry about it," he assured and I could almost see the ghost of a smile. "But thank you for telling me."

I nodded before taking a step back. "That's all I wanted to say. Have a good day, Mr Aizawa."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 10///A Turn Of Events

-~:~-

I was sitting in class again, curious about why All Might wasn't standing in front of us, like last time. Sooner than I expected, I got my answer from Mr Aizawa. "Today's training will be a little different," he explained. "You'll have three instructors — me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you." I furrowed my brows. Was this because of the media outbreak? I didn't think it would have any impact on our studies.

Sero raised his hand before speaking. "Sir, what kind of training is this?"

Our homeroom teacher held up a card that said RESCUE. "Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters — shipwrecks, stuff like that."

The class exploded with excitement and everybody started chattering.

"Guys, I'm not finished yet," Mr Aizawa deadpanned. I couldn't help but grin at his I'm very done expression. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes." He tapped the remote and the briefcases slid out again, just like they had a day before. "But keep in mind that you're not used to them yet and they might limit your abilities."

I instantly decided to wear my costume — if I avoided using it because I wasn't used to it, I wouldn't get used to it.

"This special training is at an off-campus facility so we'll be taking a bus to get there." Mr Aizawa turned and started walking away. "That's all, start getting ready."

I pushed my chair back and stood up, grabbing my costume. Give it your all this time, Y/n, I reminded myself.

><><

I took note of how everyone except for Midoriya was wearing their costumes which was logical, given that Midoriya's had been pretty damaged after the battle training.

Iida blew a whistle, drawing the attention to himself, as a very dutiful class rep would. "Gather around, class 1-A. Using your student numbers form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently."

Everyone did as they were told, nobody making a big deal of it. Except for Bakugou, of course. As he was throwing his tantrum beside me, the bus arrived and everybody got on, still sitting wherever they wanted because it wasn't the type of bus Iida had expected.

I sat beside Bakugou because the seats beside everybody else I knew were full. Bakugou leaned to look out of the window so I let him be, listening to the conversation that was held in front of me on the topic of quirks.

"My hardening's super strong and can destroy bad guys in a fight but it doesn't look all that impressive," Kirishima was saying.

It did look impressive but nobody had asked me so I kept my mouth shut.