𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

There was a hint of cherry flavor to the gloss you swept over your bottom lip before tucking into your bag. Sighing as you do a little turn in the mirror, you smooth your hands over the creases in your pale pink fitted skirt, your white tee tucked into it to bring in the shape of your waist. You'd probably get a cautionary for the length of the skirt which sat at the mid of your plush thighs but you didn't care too much.

It was worth it. You looked great. 

The very idea you were having to repeat senior year was just horrific though. You were ready to move on, to get on with your life and go to college. Sadly, spending all your time at parties and with your friends last year turned out to be a bad thing once hangovers started getting in the way of school. Who knew going out all the time and enjoying being a teenager would end like this? Well, it should have been you. But it wasn't. So here you were, dealing with the consequences of your own actions.

So now, you'd be joining your annoying little brother Jason as he enters in senior year. All you wanted to do was keep your distance from him and his gross little basketball henchmen. Pushing your hair back over your shoulder, you sling on a baby pink denim jacket to match your skirt and make your way out to your car. 

Starting the engine, you see Jason bumbling through the front door of the large house your parents owned, bolting down the pathway to your car. Nope. Your glossy lips smile all too sweetly at him as you lean over to lock the passenger door. 

"Are you serious?!" He calls through the window though it's muffled from the pane of glass separating him from you, hands pulling at the lever on the outside that wouldn't budge through the lock. 

"Sorry, J! Gotta pick up Brenda and Amber. See you at school!" A feigned pout, soon shifting into a devious laugh as you pull away from him. He flips you off but it was already in your rear-view mirror as you zip down the road. 

Brenda was your first stop. She was your best friend, your confidant, despite being a year younger than you. She was thrilled when you told her you were retaking senior year since it meant she would get to graduate with you. Brenda had a thick wealth of perfectly permed auburn curls that fell so beautifully around her pale, freckled features. You were jealous. Naturally. Her bright emerald eyes were lined with a soft yellow eyeshadow that matched the outfit she wore - flared tartan yellow and black pants with a cropped white shirt. No jacket, but then she didn't really need one since it was still warm from the slowly reclining summer months. 

Her white purse was slung over her shoulder and a pair of black platform Doc Martens stick out beneath the trendy pants. She was tall, too - a goddamn model by all accounts. Guys hit on her all the time, and you were the only person trusted with the reason why she would never accept them into her life. Brenda was a lesbian. You didn't care, obviously, but the same couldn't be said for the rest of your school or peers. You wished things could be different for her, that she could be with who she wanted without worrying what people might say, but there wasn't much to be done.

So she'd sworn you to secrecy and you willingly agreed, never able to judge your oldest friend. She slips into the passenger side once you unlock it and reaches over to give you a side hug. "Good morning! First day of senior yeaaar!" She says in a sing-songy way that makes you scrunch your nose in distaste.

"Yeah, again."

"Oh, come on! It's not that bad." She giggles softly, pushing the rim of her small sunglasses further up her freckled nose. You grumble in agreement if only to cease the talk of this topic. Then you peel out of the driveway and head over to Amber's house to find her already waiting outside for you. Amber was more Brenda's friend than yours, but you liked her a lot anyway.