The taste of Cherries

~chapter forty five~

POV Ilwoo

A vibration in my pocket pulled me out of my thoughts, almost cutting my finger on the ribbon I was wrapping around the large gift wrapped in paper for the last time.

After shortly tying the bow, I took a look at the display.

My Love ♡

Hey babe I'm done with work. I know that was rather unexpected but I booked us a table in a restaurant. I will be with you in a short time. And no, you don't have to prepare yourself extra, I know very well that you just looked at the clock in panic and then at the wardrobe...

My eyes roll in amusement before continue reading.

..You know you're gorgeous and look perfect even in my oversized hoodie. (By the way, I think you're pretty sexy in that(; ) Anyway, get ready to be kissed because I miss you already. Love you.

Still in my small apartment, I grabbed the package, my jacket and the key and, against Hyung's will, hurried to the bathroom to get ready.

The reflection stared at me with conviction and summarily said goodbye outside.

Today seemed to be my lucky day, as the next bus abruptly stopped right in front of me at the otherwise rarely used bus stop.

The long pastel pink sweater that I was able to quickly throw on left the driver with a disparaging look and the nose drawn into wrinkles, whereupon my mouth seemed to open by itself.

"What? Aren't men allowed to wear pink things?"

No answer but a stunned and somewhat confused look spread across the old man's face.

The engine of the big vehicle stalled and came to a stop.

I actually said it.

I finally had the courage to say something, even tough this situation wasn't as bad as other ones I've already been in.

The relationship with Haru had finally made me feel like there was nothing wrong with me and whoever disagreed was the one who was wrong.

The driver intimately waved me through, escaped my sharp look and I took an empty window seat.

I would be at Hyung's apartment in five minutes.

The stop display on the large white display told me that much.

Satisfied and feeling like I could solve any problem in the world at my hands, I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

POV Haru

The engine under my body stopped and I got out.

The bouquet of red roses lying on the passenger seat only rolled a few centimeters towards the footwell, but I was able to catch them in time.

Ready to go inside to pick up Ilwoo, I spotted him on the sidewalk edge looking a bit exhausted.

His blond strands of silk hang in his face like he just ran a marathon and he seemed to have something hidden behind his back.

At the thought, I just realized that I wanted to hand over the roses first in the restaurant, so I grabbed them and placed them on the back seat behind me without the younger boys notice.

Then I got out and walked to the other side of the car to hold the black door open for him.

"Hi babe, told you you look gorgeous."