Waiting for a Miracle

~chapter twenty two~

Pov Yejun

Fuck it...Again?

I turned around only to see my mother looking down at the antique porcelain vase with both hands over her eyes and a desperate expression on her face.

This had now shattered into a thousand pieces and found its new place on the ground.

She had dusted off and probably gotten into it clumsily, which I was less interested in now.

Everyone knew what was about to happen.

I heard loud stomps and a growl that got closer and closer.

"What is it this time?" The croaking came from the old man with a beer belly.

"I-I..."

My mother had already begun to lift the shards off the floor with a delicate touch.

"I accidentally bumped into it."

Her voice was lowered and I watched the whole game from behind the half-closed door.

"Do you know how much that was worth?"

She shook her head tentatively.

"I'm sorry."

I could make out a soft whimper.

"Fine..."

He grabbed her hair and pulled her up with one hand. Fearing what would happen next, she quickly flinched.

"Then I'll explain it to you dear."

His hand, like that of a psycho, traveled slowly and gently over her cheek, which was now wet with tears.

"That-beautiful-vase-is-worth-more-than-your-damn-life. Do you understand?"

With these words he released her and she sank to the ground without strength.

Apparently he wasn't in the mood for any violence at the moment, because he just snorted and left the room.

I exhaled.

I should have felt sorry for the woman.

I should have stood up for her.

After all,she was my mother.

But nothing.

I felt no emotion as she sat there, a crying creature that was hard to describe as human.

People had feelings my mother had apparently never heard of.

Otherwise she would have stood up for my brother and me, the many times, when... never mind, who cares.

Then I suddenly remembered the phone call and looked at my cell phone.

Pov Akita

Seriously? Does he want to talk to me?

I gave the brown haired boy a suspicious look and eyed him up and down.

At first he looked forced, but then he seemed to have persuaded himself.

"I think I really want to talk to you."

Haru's sentence reached my ears with a sprouted but determined voice.

The female received the dark-haired man's thoughts without even having to look at him.

It was clear that her best friend wanted to put her over the knee and spank her right now, but she also knew that he would be grateful for the conversation later.