The Feeling of something New

~chapter twenty~

Pov Author

~time skip 2 days later~

It was monday Just one more day and Haru would be out of hospital again.

Just one more day and he might pluck up the courage and talk to Ilwoo.

And just one more day before work begins again.

With these mixed feelings and thoughts, he rose from the bed and followed Ari down to the building's cafeteria.

Shortly before leaving the room, the brown-haired threw the wide, oversized beige sweater over his head, which the red-haired woman had recently brought him from home, and stomped after her.

The hallway was large and the light color only made it seem wider and almost endless.

Everywhere there were gray doors on the wall, which were difficult to distinguish from the elevator door, in front of which the two were now standing.

Ari gave the older one a winning look as she pressed the button for the second floor.

Haru rolled his eyes and watched as the door slowly closed and the elevator cabin slowly but steadily started to move.

The redhaired had persuaded him to come out of his room and express frustration.

She said that wouldn't do him any good and after much discussion he finally agreed.

The elevator beeped, announced the present floor and released the occupants.

"No no no. You stay here."

The female tugged at the tall man's sweater sleeve to keep him from constantly storming out of the hospital."

His shoulders lift and fell as he breathed in and out in annoyance.

"First you don't want to come out of your room and now you want to leave? You can't be serious."

Her eyes looked amused at Haru and he in turn gazed at the large open front door.

"I didn't mean to...I mean I did mean to..."

Ari giggled, flashing her bunny laugh.

"Got it."

With quick steps and always holding the other by the sleeve, she directed him to the small area, which was furnished with red chairs and white tables.

Both happily inhaled the scent of coffee, cake and other delicacies that sloshed towards them.

It was mainly visitors from the sick ones who were seen, and not the patients themselves.

Both sat down on two of the chairs and each ordered one coffee and a pieces of the lemon cake, which they had previously seen in the display case while passing by.

"You're a lovely couple."

A sweet and tender voice emerged from behind the two and Ari jumped a little in shock.

The voice belonged to an old and nice-looking lady in a wheelchair.

"We...um...we're not dating."

The redhead giggled nervously.

"But you better should. You would make such a cute couple."

The words on her part were not meant in a bad way, but rather made the impression of an old caring grandma who was just talking to one of her grandchildren.

Both returned her kind look.

"I don't think we ever will be. Ari is like a sister to me."

He laughed and his gaze swept from the old lady to the redhead, who began to nod in relief.