Chapter twelve -

(Y/n)'s POV

As the days went by slowly, I rarely saw Kylian anymore. Ever since the day he promised to shorten the contract by one week, he stopped checking in on us. Now, Pierre is the one who checks on us. I'm sure they found a way to communicate. Pierre is smart, so I'm positive he knows how to use a phone. I once heard Pierre mentioning Ale's and my name while he was on the phone. So Kylian could pretend that he didn't worry about us, but I knew deep down that he actually did. He could keep distancing himself from us, as long as I didn't have to deal with him anymore.

Here I was, finishing putting the equipment in the storage room, while Ale was mopping in another room across from me.

"Excuse me," An unfamiliar voice called out from behind me. I turned away to see who that voice belonged to, and there I was, staring at none other than the famous Neymar Jr. himself. The same person Ale used to talk about marrying in middle school was standing right in front of me.

I can't deny it, he was seriously attractive, "Oh hi." I didn't know what else to say, so I just blurted that out.

"Hi (y/n), that is your name right?" Neymar asked me, just like kylian, he had a strong English accent but it was still easy to understand.

I nodded at him and I could feel my cheeks getting a little warm. How on earth did he know my name? This was my first time seeing him here. Neymar noticed how my shyness intensified when he spoke to me, causing his smile to broaden even more, "Do you know where the mop is at? I spilled gatorade on the floor." His smile was so captivating, reaching up to this eyes. His eyes, a mesmerizing blend of green and brown, twinkled with every word he spoke.

"Of course, let me go get it, and you can show me which room it is," I quickly replied and headed into the storage room, where the mop was leaning against the wall. I walked back to him, and he gave a nod, gesturing for me to accompany him.

Neymar walked ahead of me because I felt too shy to walk beside him in the hallways. He was a bit shorter than Kylian, not too much. Neymar's tattoos on the back of his neck really caught my eye. One of them had the word "blessed" written out, and the other was a cross with wings. I couldn't make out the other tattoos on the side of Neymar's neck since they were hard to see. Finally, he turned and walked into a room that had these giant yoga exercising balls.

Beside a blue ball, there was a massive spill of Gatorade. And seriously, it was massive. I don't think it was from just one bottle of Gatorade. Maybe it was from a whole gallon, if not more. I put the mop on the ground and started moving it back and forth.

"Here let me do it," Neymar reached out and touched the side of the handle, causing me to pause my mopping.

I glanced at him shyly, "No it's okay, I can do it. Plus I have to, that's why I'm here."

But he kept a tight grip on the mop handle, refusing to let go, "Don't worry (y/n), I made the mess not you." And his soft smile was all it took for me to give in and let him clean up his mess. I couldn't say no to that pretty smile of his.

I made sure to sound as polite as possible when I asked, "How do you my name?"

He was still mopping, but he looked up at me, "They told us about you and your friend, everyone knows about you two. But I don't believe what Kylian said is true, well I don't think it is. You look like a nice person."

"Thank you and trust me, whatever Kylian said about us is not true at all," I said. I couldn't even imagine how many things Kylian said about Alejandra and me to his teammates, but it was surprising that people knew who we were. It made sense though, I would also be confused if there were two random girls cleaning in the facility.

"I know, he's an asshole. I'm not friends with him anymore," Neymar finished mopping and placed the mop against the wall.

"Oh, what happened? If you don't mind me asking," Neymar's face showed a hint of sadness when I asked him that question, but he quickly changed his expression.

I gave him all the time he needed, patiently waiting for him to speak up. "Kylian only cares about himself, he's not a good person, and if I were you —I would stay away from him," Neymar stared directly into my eyes as he finished speaking, giving me a clear warning to take his words seriously.

"Oh, believe me Neymar, I never wanted to be close to Kylian in the first place. He won't let us go, he forced us to sign a contract. I couldn't do anything about that but I already knew he wasn't a good person when I found out he tackled me," I told him, since he kept staring at the cuts on my jaw, and the large bruise on my forehead.

Neymar gently placed his hand on my cheek, delicately tracing his finger along my jawline. His eyes lingered on the cuts for a moment before meeting my eyes again, those mesmerizing eyes. "He's stupid for hurting someone as pretty as you."

His words caught me off guard, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

Before I could even respond, the door slammed shut, startling both of us. We quickly turned, but no one was there.

Weird.

I turned to see Neymar, and he was already looking back at me with a smile, "Um, thank you for calling me pretty. You're so sweet," I returned the smile, but inside, I was dying of shyness.

"I should get going too, I have to check if my friend finished cleaning a room but it was so nice to meet you Neymar," I gave him a final smile, then turned around to hide my blushing face.

"Wait (y/n), I want to meet your friend too. If that's okay with you," Neymar asked.

"Yes that's fine with me, let me get the mop real quick, and then we can leave," I went back to grab the mop, and then we both left the room together.

Honestly, I didn't want him to come, but I knew Ale wanted to meet him. Being around Neymar, I felt so shy. His smile was absolutely stunning, and his eyes would stare at me with so much intensity. He was also more attractive in person.

"Let me put this back real quick," I told him, once we were close to the storage room so he didn't have to waste his time walking inside with me. He quickly nodded.

I placed the mop inside the bucket, but since there wasn't any cleaning disinfectant, I'll have to clean the mop tomorrow. Seriously, these people were stingy with money. If they can afford players like Neymar, Lionel Messi, and Sergio Ramos, they can definitely afford to buy better cleaning supplies. I quickly closed the door to the storage room and headed out. As I walked down the hallway, I caught Neymar smirking at something or someone. But as soon as he heard my footsteps, he turned away and pretended he wasn't smirking.

"What's wrong?" He noticed how confused I looked.

"Nothing, let's go," I quickly answered him and we started walking towards the room across. I let Neymar walk a bit more ahead before I turned my head towards the direction where I caught him smirking earlier. However, there was no one there.

‎𐦍༘⋆