Chapter fourteen-

(Y/n's) POV

Portuguese cuisine was not what I had in mind when Neymar invited us to dinner, but it turned out to be incredibly delicious. The arroz de marisco was truly one of a kind. The seafood broth had a combination of rice, clams, and mussels. According to Neymar, this place was the only restaurant that sold authentic Portuguese food. It was the only place that reminded him of home.

Neymar showed up without any security, but then he revealed that he had reserved the entire restaurant just for us. After that, Neymar recommended the dish I was currently eating as the best on the menu.

"Do you want more?" With a soft smile, Neymar asked, tilting his head, after he saw me take the last bite of the remaining mussel.

Immediately feeling a bit embarrassed, I felt my cheeks become warmer by the second, "Oh, I'm good but thank you!" Trying to be polite, I responded with my hand covering my mouth, not wanting to talk with food in it.

"Ah vale," Neymar looked back down at his plate and continued to eat his food. He had ordered the same plate as us.

I heard Ale choke on her food after hearing Neymar's comment, "No Ney, its sale vale."

Neymar quickly glanced at me, trying to confirm if Ale was serious, "Sale vale?"

"Yes sale vale but its a slang we use," I nodded. Mexican-Spanish was quite distinct from the Spanish spoken by Spaniards. Ale and I loved using slang in our conversations too.

Neymar seemed to find it amusing as he let out a short laugh, "Teach me other words then."

"Another day, maybe when you're bored during training days or something," I scooped some broth onto my spoon and savored it along with the rice in the broth.

For a while, we kept enjoying our meals, I made a conscious effort to avoid locking eyes with Neymar, even though he was sitting right across from me. It's like he doesn't even realize how intense his stares can be and how unintentionally flirty he comes across.

"So, tell me how you two met Kylian and what happened that day. Tell me the full story and the truth," Neymar finished his meal and leaned back, easing into a more relaxed position. Neymar patiently waited for us to finish our meals, and as Ale and I locked eyes, we silently communicated about who should tell the story. She gave me a nod, indicating that I should tell him the story.

I finished scraping whatever was left in the bowl and drank the last sip before finally speaking up, "We happened to be in the same restaurant at the same time, it was the night of the World Cup final, and we decided to eat at a Mexican restaurant. I guess they didn't like that we were wearing our Argentina jerseys, which we forgot to change before we left our hotel but we didn't really do anything. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, Kylian didn't like that we were laughing at him, and so he told the waitress to kick us out —which made Ale throw cake on his head and I got knocked out after."

"And then the next morning, we had to sign these contracts or else we had to pay him millions apparently. According to Kylian's lawyer and that's how we got here," I managed to explain the entire story in one breath, and it was absolutely insane. Neymar's reaction confirmed that he thought it was insane too.