Chapter thirty-six

(Y/n)'s POV

I wasn't sure if Kylian had told all of his teammates about me officially being his girlfriend or if they were just being exceptionally nice to me. Today was a bit weird. Whenever I crossed paths with a player in the hallways or rooms, they'd cheer in a playful manner, like men do when teasing someone. For the most part, I was just surprised to see a bunch of grown men acting like a bunch of high schoolers.

I never imagined they would make any effort to acknowledge me, especially since they never did so in the past.

All those thoughts vanished from my mind when I laid eyes on my absolute favorite Brazilian person. Neymar. He had walked into one of the rooms at the far end of the hallway without noticing me, which led me to decide that I should go talk to him. I haven't really seen him since the day he met my parents. Also, unlike Ale, I don't have his number. So, I was never aware of what he was up to. "Hi Ney! How's it going?"

"Fine and you?" Neymar didn't bother to look in my direction.

I found it strange, considering he's usually very energetic. "I'm doing pretty well. Why aren't you looking at me?" And just as I said that, he turned to stare at me. The man standing before me felt like an imposter. Neymar's typical twinkle in his eyes was missing, and his iconic smirk, always present, was nowhere to be found.

"Sorry. I'm just dealing with something right now," He smiled, but I knew him well enough to see that it wasn't genuine.

I know exactly what can make him feel better, "You know, we should go eat at that Brazilian restaurant you love so much. I'll pay." At this point, I too loved eating there.

"You sure your boyfriend won't get mad?" Neymar asked.

Boyfriend. A word I knew I'd have to get used to in time. It was still difficult to wrap my head around the idea that Kylian is my man.

I'm so lucky.

"He won't."

Neymar didn't believe me and I didn't blame him. I knew Kylian didn't like it when I hung out with Neymar. Ugh. Why can't those two just resolve their issues already? It would be much more enjoyable to hang out with everyone without feeling guilty because two people don't get along.

Maybe not right now, but soon I could try to help them become friends again. But, I can't wait for too long, especially since Neymar is leaving this summer. I need to get Neymar to reveal whatever deep secret he knows about Kylian or whatever dirt he has on him, because I'm tired of this.

Neymar didn't seem interested in talking about Kylian, but he eventually decided to ask. "Is he treating you well?"

"Yes. Very well. He's amazing." And that was no lie. With what Kylian has done for me in the past few days and how incredibly well he has treated me, he deserved to be spoken of highly.

"Cool..." The only word I heard come out of Neymar's mouth, the rest he muttered under his breath.

Since he mentioned he was dealing with something, I chose not to ask about what he had muttered under his breath, out of respect for him. "Maybe we could play Monopoly tonight?" Noticing he had gone back to his original mood, I mentioned Monopoly.