Chapter twenty-seven

(Y/n)'s POV

"No."

"What? Why not!"

For the past hour, I've been watching Ale pull out all these dresses she bought last week. With Pierre nowhere to be found, I couldn't go shopping for dresses for tonight's date with Kylian. My only option was to see if Ale had any suitable dresses, but unfortunately, she didn't. Every dress had a lingerie-like material, and the one she had been holding up was particularly revealing. I'm usually not one to be concerned about showing skin, but that one was incredibly revealing. The beige dress, without straps, was made of see-through mesh with glitter all over it. Though gown-like in length, the problem was its sheerness. I could literally see Ale's hand from behind the dress.

It wasn't revealing to the extent that someone could see the outlines of my breasts, but rather, they would likely see my nipples. "Kylian never told me where he was taking me, and besides, I can't wear that in front of him," I took the gown from Ale and examined it up close. There wasn't any padding in the breast area, just pure mesh. My goodness, I can't go out wearing this.

"If it's dark where you're going, he might not see well. What's the worst thing that could happen?" Glancing away from the gown in my hands, I looked at Ale and shook my head. She understood exactly what could happen if I wore this. Judging from the smirk on her face, she definitely wanted it to happen.

Considering my choices, I glanced at the options Ale had shown me on the bed before looking down at the gown in my hands, "All right, I'll try it on." Upon hearing me say that, Ale clapped her hands and quickly turned around, allowing me to undress. Even if she hadn't turned around, I would still have undressed in front of her. We've been close for most of my life, and if she believes this dress is the best choice, I'm willing to give it a try for her. While taking off most of my clothes, leaving only my underwear, I looked into the ginormous mirror in front of me. It seemed to be one of the perks of staying in this apartment, every room had one.

Stepping into the gown and pulling it up was easy, but, of course, I couldn't zip up the zipper by myself. "Ale, could you please zip it up for me?" Observing the dress in the mirror, my eyes stayed fixed on it as Ale zipped it up from the back. I watched how the dress hugged every part of my body once securely zipped. The dress was extremely see-through, revealing my belly button. However, Ale was right, you couldn't really tell if my nipples were showing unless you looked closely. I just hope that wherever Kylian decides to take me, it'll be a place with low lighting.

"Here, put this around your neck," She handed me a collar made from the same material as the dress. I assume it was intended to be worn around the neck along with the dress.

As I placed it around my neck, I noticed it complemented the dress quite well. The more I stared at myself, the more I realized the entire gown didn't look too bad. Until I noticed my underwear was showing. Great. "Just wear a beige thong or something. By the way, I don't have any nipple covers. Sorry about that," Standing beside me, Ale stared at me through the mirror. Rolling my eyes, I smiled at her in response to her wink. This is going to be an interesting night.

When I say I've never felt more emotionally overwhelmed than I do right now, I truly mean it. Here I am, sitting in Kylian's home, wearing the dress that Ale and I chose. Only to realize that the place Kylian intended to take me turned out to be his own house. Of course, I felt embarrassed and somewhat wished I could disappear a little inside when I saw him in regular clothes, while I was wearing the complete opposite. Kylian told me to wait in the dining room while he went to get something. Besides overthinking how overdressed I felt, my eyes roamed around the room, finding it exceptionally beautiful. The design of his dining room was interesting. Almost everything was black, except for the white flooring. Adding some colors to this room would be a good idea. One thing worth noting is that he's quite wealthy to have a separate room just for dining. Maybe it's because I'm used to having our dining table in the kitchen.