Chapter thirty-three

(Y/n)'s POV

The next day went by fast, it was the last full day my parents would spend in Paris before leaving the next morning. So far, they've had a wonderful experience. The dinner we had yesterday with Neymar was probably the most entertaining one yet, quite distinct from the dinner with Kylian, who, although probably nervous, remained very laidback. Of course, one was introduced as my friend, while the other was introduced as someone who had developed feelings for me.

Currently, I feel a bit sad as I watch my parents pack the souvenirs and clothes they bought for themselves, the rest of my family, and their friends. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to them, even though their stay lasted only three days. The first time I came to France with Ale, I felt somewhat homesick, and it took a while to adjust to that feeling. Now that I've settled into being here, I'm afraid those emotions will return the moment my parents leave tomorrow morning.

Maybe I was overthinking, but I found myself unprepared to make a decision. I felt lost. Not ready to leave Paris, yet equally hesitant to leave everything I had back home. What options did I have? None, absolutely none. Kylian couldn't go back to the States, there wasn't any suitable club for him to leave PSG for there. As for my parents, their whole family and friends were in the States, and living here was just not possible for them. It would be selfish of me to insist that they stay here with me because I am unable to cope with the idea of living here permanently without them.

Gosh, I was a hypocrite.

I lived in college dorms during my first semester without my parents. And here I am, convincing myself that I can't stay in Paris because I need my parents. Yet, my campus dorms were just a 45-minute drive from my parents' house, still in the same state. On the other hand, staying here means it's at least a 12-hour trip away from my parents' home.

Maybe I feared that, regardless of my choice, I could lose Kylian. Doing the long-distance thing might not work, he might get bored of it. What if he got tired of me being here? If he told me one day that things wouldn't work because he met someone else, that would suck.

Okay, now I sound insecure.

"Are you okay, Mija?"

The concern in my mom's tone interrupted my overthinking, redirecting my attention to her, "Yes, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately." I didn't want to burden my parents with my thoughts, I preferred them to enjoy their last day here without worrying about me.

"About?" My mom was waiting for me to share everything, and now, my dad and Ale were also focused on what I had to say.

"I just wish you guys could stay a little longer," I whispered, I've always been the type to feel embarrassed whenever I got sentimental with my parents.

It wasn't because they weren't good at comforting, but more so because I wasn't used to them opening up to me. Throughout my life, I witnessed them hiding their feelings, particularly during financial problems. They consistently projected an image that everything was fine, although I knew well that things weren't. This is why I imitated the same behavior back to them, choosing to act emotionless. Only when I was facing personal problems, of course, otherwise, my parents knew I loved them very much.

Communicating silently through their eyes, my parents exchanged a glance, something they often do, "We also wish we could stay longer, but are you sure you're not thinking about something else?" Of course, with her ability to decipher people, my mom could sense that it wasn't the only thing bothering me.