Chapter fifteen-

(Y/n)'s POV

"Me vale madre?" Neymar questioned in a breathy tone as the sound of his shoes pounded heavily across the treadmill. He had been working out for the past 30 minutes, on a treadmill, and still managed to have a full conversation with me —which was quite impressive. His chest caught my attention as it moved in and out with each breath he took.

I was teaching him more Spanish since he asked earlier, "Yes and it means I don't care in English," I pointed out, incase he misinterpreted the meaning, and they weren't necessarily bad words —but I wanted to make sure he understood overall. He was determined to learn my version of Spanish, which he had told me earlier. He was too sweet.

Neymar stopped dead in his tracks once the treadmill had come to a full stop, "I'm tired," He let out a gasp, suffering from extreme exhaustion. Most of time, he would increase the speed to 12 mph, and I never understood how he did it. It looked tiring.

"You're insane Ney," I offered him a water bottle, which he kindly accepted. Then proceeded to gulp down the entire water bottle in less than 10 seconds.

After noticing my reaction, Neymar started to laugh, and I pitched in as well, "What's so funny Ney?" His laughter was contagious, which also made me laugh.

"The face you made was so cute." The sudden compliment caught me off guard, and I could feel the heat spreading across my cheeks. I probably looked like a fool from his perspective, I had not said a single word, and had been staring at him the entire time.

Neymar stared back at me with furrowed eyebrows, "You okay?" He asked me, while wiping off his sweat with a towel.

I softly smiled at him, "Yes I'm okay."

I watched as Neymar grabbed his bag and motioned me to follow him outside the door. "You helped me run more today," He smirked at me.

"You're most welcome," I teased back before waving goodbye and walking away.

Ale eagerly waited just outside the door, a smirk spreading across her face when she saw me. I rolled my eyes as I already knew exactly what was going through her mind. We walked down the hallway side by side. Ale gave my arm a gentle nudge as we spotted Kylian heading in our direction. Damn, he came back from New York real quick. It was a short trip, only a few days. And apparently, he went with his teammate, Achraf Hakimi. As we walked along the path, he took big steps, and our eyes locked as he approached. I noticed the intense redness in his eyes. He looked really bad.

Neymar once said that in this club, there was only one person who truly pursued perfection. However, this pursuit had its own flaws, leading to the end of a friendship and greediness. That person was Kylian. His friendship with Neymar was real messy, based on what we heard from Neymar himself. He talked about how Kylian backstabbed him multiple times to get more chances than Neymar. They got tangled up with the same women, one of them completely abandoned the other when serious allegations came up, and a missed penalty kick was the final blow to their friendship.

Kylian was really not a good person. Neymar's stories opened my eyes to that even more. That's why when he passed me just now, I saw him in a completely different way.

"Did you hear that?" Ale grabbed my arm, I came to a stop alongside her.

"No?"

She dragged her pointer finger to the middle of her mouth, telling me to be silent, and glanced towards the direction that Kylian went.