The get together (7)

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"body turned crime scene, body turned war zone
sometimes the things I'm willing to do to myself scare me."

As Mason drives us to Evelyn's house, I look out the window, lost in my thoughts.

I think back to when my life was 'perfect', I always thought it was and it honestly was until the accident happened.

After the accident happened, everything changed, my mom changed and in a way, I changed too, I have to, anyone would change. I miss my dad and brother so much, I miss my old mom. I miss my old happy bubbly self, I miss feeling happy. Now all I feel is this big empty hole, my heart no longer intact.

I ruined everything, I ruined our lives, and maybe that's why my mom hates me so much. She hates change after all and this one is a big change.

I felt a tear drop down my cheek and wipe it away quickly before anyone can notice.

"So what exactly are we going to be doing?" Noah questioned from the back, I smile and turn to look at him "we're just going to hang out" I turn back around, "is Violet going to be there?" Blake questions, I look back at him, my brows shoot up in surprise "yes she is, she's my best friend after all" I say and giggle

From the corner of my eye, I can see Mason crack a smile, I smile too.

Once we get to Evelyn's house Mason parks in her driveway and we all get out, "you go first" Blake says nervously, I quietly laugh but go ahead nevertheless.

I've been here so many times, mostly because I've known Evelyn my whole life, I basically live here, her family is my second family.

I go and knock on the door, the boys behind me.

A second later the door opens and Mrs. Dawson is standing in the doorway with a smile on her face "Stella! How are you dear?" She says bringing me into a hug, I smile back "Hi Mrs. Dawson, I'm doing great!" I respond as I hug her

After we hug and pull apart "and who are these handsome young men?" She asks to smile still on her face, Mrs. Dawson is always smiling like me, "these are our new friends, Mason, Noah, and Blake" I introduce them, and they all shake Mrs. Dawson's hand "nice to meet you! You're always welcome here boys!"

Mrs. Dawson is always so warm and inviting, that's one of the reasons why I love her so much.
"Thank you Mrs. Dawson" mason thanked her "yes thank you, we appreciate that" Blake also thanks her along with Noah, we step into the house "can I speak to you Stella" Mrs. Dawson questions pulling me aside "she'll be right back boys," she says looking at the boys chatting away