Scared (23)

"She was one of those girls who breathed fire when confronted but loved so gently that it made you forget shecould

could."

I know Stella said goodnight to me already, but I'm worried about her.

She's already been through so much in this lifetime, i wish I could make her feel like herself again or take away her pain.

She deserves good things.

I grab a little snack for us to munch on while we watch a movie.

I head to her room, i knock on her door but get no answer.

I try again but no answer, I go into her room but she's not there.

I knock on her bathroom door. I hear her mumbling in her bathroom.

"Stella? Who are you talking to?"
She doesn't answer but she continues to say something.

"Stella! Answer me right now! You're scaring me" I keep calling out to her but no answer.

I start pounding on the door "Stella!"

Finally I push against the door, opening it.

I gasp, I find her on the floor. She's passed out.

There's blood everywhere, coming out of her veins. The blade still in her hand.

My hand starts shaking, I reach for the phone and dial nine one one.

They answered quickly "hello, how may I help you?" They ask, I can't tell whether it's a girl or guy. I'm not paying attention.

"H-Hi um i n-need an ambulance, my cousin tried to kill herself" i say, I'm so shocked I don't even have the time to cry.

"Okay ma'am we need the address" she says, it's a a she, she's a girl. I don't know why it matters.

"34642 Sweet apple Blvd " i tell her, I kneel beside Stella. Looking at her.

"It's okay stella, it's okay you'll be okay" i talk to her, the emergency lady hangs up after she reassures me they'll be here soon.

It's at 11pm.

I don't know who to call or what to do.

I start to sob.

"Why? Why stella?" I break down crying, on her.

"Please don't leave me! Please I need you"

Her wrist keeps bleeding out, I'm scared to do anything.

Before I know it I'm getting pulled away from the ambulance people, they put her on a board and put her in the ambulance.

"Are you coming with us?" One of the people asks, i nod.

I get in and they shut the doors driving off.

They talk about medical stuff that I don't even understand nor care too, I pray that Stells will be okay.

We get there, and they immediately put her in, doing whatever they need to do.

I wait in the waiting room area, it's now 12am.

And I still don't know who to call, everyone is sleeping.

I decide to call Mason, he's her boyfriend, he needs to know.

I dial his phone number, he doesn't answer which is understandable.

I dial again and again until he finally picks up the phone.

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

At hearing his voice, i start to sob.

"M-Mason it's stella" i say but stop to let my sob out.

"What?!" He asked concerned.

I try again, "she tried to kill herself" i say quickly.

There's silence on the other end of the phone.

"Where are you at?" He asked in a rush, there's rustling on the other end of the line.

"We're at St. Liam hospital"

"I'll be there soon" he says and hangs up.

I sit back down on the couch in the waiting room. Her doctor comes in.

"Are you Stella's family?" He asks, i nod.

"Yes I'm her cousin"

"She's okay, she's not in any danger. We stopped the bleeding but because she lost a lot of blood, she got put into a mini coma" he says, "she should be awake in one to two weeks"

He says and leaves once I don't have any questions.

Mason gets here a little while after.

"What happened? Is she okay?" He asked in a rush and sits next to me.

I explain to him what the doctor told me and he seems to relax a little.

"I can't lose her" i say looking at the wall with no emotion.

"You won't, we won't lose her" he says reassuring me, "have you talked to her mom?"

I didn't even think about that, "no I didn't but I will now" i say getting up.

"I'll call the boys and Evelyn and let them know what's happening"
He says, getting up and going out separate ways.

I dial my aunts number, she doesn't respond until after the second phone call.

"Hello?" She says into the phone the same way Mason does.

"Hi aunt Jen?" I say into the phone.

"Hi Lana" she sounds sober, she actually sounds okay.

"Stellas in the hospital" i say into the phone.

"I'm on my way" she says and hangs up, i text her the address.

I go back to find Mason already there in the room.

"The boys are on their way, along with Evelyn" he says, i sit next to him.

"Do you think she'll be okay after this?" I ask him, we both look into each others eyes. He nods.

"She's a strong girl, she'll be okay. I know she will be" he says, there's this look in his eyes I can't really describe it.

There's silence and we're still looking into each others eyes, i never noticed how pretty his eyes are.

They're the kind of eyes that makes you want to drown in them.

He starts to lean in, i do too. We're both leaning.

Our lips brush against each other's, his lips are soft on mine. They're sweet and I can't get enough of them.

We kiss for what feels like eternity but it was only seconds, he pulls away.

"We shouldn't have done that" he says.

"You're right, I'm sorry it was a mistake" i say, my lips still stinging from his.

This was wrong, he's my cousin's boyfriend!

I just kissed my cousin's boyfriend.

I kissed Stella's boyfriend.

And I liked it.