37

Downing another shot that Gio had pressed into my hand, I felt my mind get more cloudy by the second. The flashes of lights occasionally lighting up the room mixed with the deafening volume of the music just added onto that as I felt myself get a little looser, my body almost automatically swaying with the rhythm of the song that was playing.

The group had gone through a slight separation by now, me mostly trying to befriend the two girls that were accompanying Karim and Gio. They seemed really sweet and we got along well - although the alcohol we've consumed might've played a role in that.

Of course this also eventually had to lead to one of them forcing the other two to come dance with her.

The girl who had introduced herself as Sofie and accompanied Gio tonight, grabbed mine and Khai's - the other girls - hand before dragging us along with her, right into the heart of the club.

We hadn't danced long when I suddenly felt a pair of hands grab my hips. Assuming it was just one of them, I went along with it as they were slightly guiding them for me.

That was until I opened my previously closed eyes and recognized the two in front of me.

My confused state was probably noticeable in the change of mood and movements of my body, as I now stood completely frozen before I managed to turn around to make out the person who I had actually been dancing with for those two minutes. Alcohol made me a bit slow.

Which is why it took me a while to distinguish Kelce's figure from the dimly lit room.

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed over the loud music, slurring slightly but suddenly feeling sober. I would've expected literally anyone but him.

"Thought I'd come over and say hi." He yelled back, a smirk on his face that made me sick to my stomach. It was the same one he had had when he asked me if he could do a body shot off of me at my birthday.

Who says hi like this anyways? You literally just grabbed me like a rag doll.

"Okay, you did that so you can leave now." I tried saying back as calmly as possible, deciding not to tell him what I actually wanted to say as he leaned down slightly to hear me better. That just made me even more uncomfortable. I couldn't stand this proximity.

"Hm, I don't think so." He shrugged, "I kind of enjoyed your ass against me."

My face twisted in disgust at that, the room now seeming much more crowded as I suddenly paid attention to every contact another body made with my own. Great. Another man i can congratulate to successfully ruining a fun night.

"Heavy on the past tense." I retorted, quickly turning around to hopefully walk back to where the rest was.

Unfortunately due to my drunk state, that wasn't very effective and I soon felt his dreadful presence behind me again as he had seemingly followed me through the crowd. His hand grasped my wrist, tugging me closer to him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, acting as if he didn't know damn well who I was here with. There was no way he thought I'd go to the club alone. I also would bet my first born that he's been having his eyes on me for a while now.

"You know where, don't play fucking stupid." I snapped, trying to free myself from the hold he had on me.

"Ah, right." He grinned as if he was ridiculing me, "your boyfriend. I saw." Just like I said.

"Good. You can let me go, then." I replied with furrowed brows, not seeing his point behind forcing me into staying with him.

"Why would I do that? It's not like he's here right now." He shrugged, his eyes wandering down at my body giving me the urge to cover myself up.

"What the fuck do you think is going to happen now that you've said that. I'm not gonna throw myself at you just because he isn't here to see." I was still so confused with this conversation.

At first I thought he was just being the average guy when seeing a woman dance on her own, but I was starting to think that he was having delusional thoughts about the chances that something was actually going to happen between us.

I took a deep breath, actually having to close my eyes while doing so as well, to gather myself before I'd be able to continue this nonsense. "Listen, Kelce-"

"Tia!" My name being called out behind me made the both of us divert our attention behind me on the guy approaching us with hasty steps. "We've been looking for you for like ten minutes -"

I was finally able to recognize that it was actually Gio who was now standing to my left. "-who's that?" He pointed at Kelce, brows furrowing at our close proximity before he glared down at my wrist still in his grasp.

"Can we just leave?" I ignored his question, the look I gave him probably giving away that I wasn't comfortable with him being here.

"Yeah, let's go look where Jude's at." He replied, taking my hand before fake smiling at Kelce. "see ya man."

Kelce hesitantly let go off my wrist, his jaw clenched as his eyes wouldn't leave mine. He stayed quiet, probably just because he was in a position where he was unable to object.

Gio tugged at my hand, causing me to finally turn my back on Kelce to let him lead me back to the rest of the group.

I feel like I'm really good at making men other than Jude in this book unlikable 😜