My Dummy

AN: a little fluff request from @AnnaLauraPolo. I hope it makes up for all the filth I've been posting  haha

"Lizzie!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks as I stood in her garden, clutching my hand.

"Y/N? Wha-what happened?!" She said as she rushed outside, meeting me halfway and taking hold of me, looking me over.

"I-I ..." I whimpered, showing her my hand. "I was watering your plants," I sniffled. "And the wood ..."

"Fuck, I was supposed to get that replaced." She looked past me to see the wood jutting dangerously out of her plant elcosement, something I had obviously missed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to water them without warning you."

She took my hand and examined it carefully, looking for any splinters in the wound. My hand shook as she looked it over, tears still falling onto my reddened cheeks.

"Come on, sweetheart, let me clean you up."

She took me by the shoulders and led me back into the house, my crying now reduced to sniffles as we made our way to the bathroom. She sat me down on the toilet and then began to rummage through our cabinets, looking for a first aid kit.

"It's okay, love." She said as she pulled the first aid kit out from under the sink, setting it on the edge and opening it up. "I'm gonna take care of you."

"It hurts, Lizzie." I whispered, hissing as she ran my hand under the cool water, washing it gently with soap before patting it dry and dabbing medicine along the cut.

"I know, I'm sorry." Her voice was soft, as if even the volume of her voice would further harm me.

She wrapped the wound, making sure it was bound just right so that it would heal properly. I sniffled again once she was finished, looking down at my bandaged hand. She took hold of my fingers gently and brought my hand up to her lips, kissing the bandage carefully.

"There. All better." She said proudly and I managed to crack a smile at her, nodding at her words.

"I feel better already. I'm sorry for acting like such a baby. I was the big dummy not paying attention to my surroundings."

"Hey, I don't wanna hear you talking like that about yourself, okay? It was an accident and it was mostly my fault. I should've gotten that beam fixed when it first broke. But, listen to me," she knelt down in front of me and took my face in her hands. "You are not a baby and you're not a dummy. You got hurt. It happens. I'm here to take care of you."

I almost started crying again at her words. She was so sweet and caring towards me, even when she was trying to bust my balls and get on my nerves. But, she knew this was no time for joking - as I had gotten really hurt. I didn't blame her, as much as her eyes said that she blamed herself.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, taking her hands in my own until the stinging pain of my previous wound hit me and I gave up trying to hold onto her.

She took my hand in both of hers and peppered kisses all over my palm and bandage, her eyelashes tickling my fingers.

"I love you." She said, caressing my hand gently. "Even if you don't pay attention to your surroundings."

"Hey, you said it was an accident and that I wasn't a dummy for getting hurt." I frowned at her and she laughed, kissing my exaggeratedly pouty lips.

"It was. And you're not, but if you were, you would be my dummy." She kissed me again and again. "I wouldn't have you any other way."

"You promise?"

"I promise. I love you just the way you are. Although, it wouldn't hurt if you were a bit more careful."

"That's what I get for trying to do you a favor." I teased and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll never ask you to take care of my garden again. I promise."

"Good. I much prefer watching you work; getting all sexy and sweaty."

She couldn't help but laugh.

"Shut up, dork."