Chapter 24

A/N: Double update so that it's an actual chapter to make up for the fact the other one is so short!

***********

So it turned out, staring at your maybe-crush wearing a short, sparkly dress that really showcased her $40 million legs was not the best idea. Gabi ended up spending the entire time staring at Taylor, trying to keep her gaze respectful. As in, not in... inappropriate areas. But she didn't do this for just a couple minutes. She did it for the entirety of the Fearless set, which was around fifteen minutes long. It definitely made it more than a little challenging to not absolutely fall apart when Taylor raised her hands in a heart above her head during "Fearless" right in front of Gabi to make matters even worse. She fought hard to not think about how she was feeling in the moment, but was... failing, to say the least.

"Gabi!" she heard, drawing her back to reality. "Gabi!" She sighed. "Gabiiiiiii."

"What?" she snapped.

"Oh, good, you're back," Zach said.

Gabi rolled her eyes. "Obviously."

"Well, no need to go all Snape on me. Are you still thinking about Taylor and the whole "she-loves-me-she-loves-me-not" thing?" Gabi hesitated.

"Maybe." Zach smirked. "Well- well you put it in my head! I was perfectly fine and then you mentioned your thing and-and- and- stupid heart-eyes!"

"Maybe you should consider that you still have a thing for Taylor..." Zach suggested patronizingly.

"I-I do not!" Zach raised his eyebrows.

"Were you or were you not spending the last fifteen minutes checking out a certain singer?"

"I..."

"And you know you've secretly been hoping that she still remembers and loves you all these years."

"I-"

"Well, am I wrong?" Gabi hesitated. "Ah-ha! So you admit it!"

"Shut up! Just listen to the set!" Zach shrugged.

"Wait! Zach-" Zach paused. "Maybe- maybe you were a tiny bit right. About what you said, I mean." Zach's smile spread across his face. "But just a tiny bit!"

"Yes! My best friend might be Taylor Swift's first girlfriend!"

"Zach! The feelings aren't even mutual!"

"Gabs, you didn't see the looks she was giving you. She literally couldn't take her eyes off you!" Gabi groaned, but internally she felt her spirits lifting, just in time for "You Belong With Me." Maybe this lost love would come back to her.