Chapter 43

Inside, Gabi was panicking. Of all the songs she could've chosen from Taylor's massive discography, she had to choose the one about meeting someone for the first time and getting your breath taken away by them. Yep. She had to sing "Enchanted."

In her defense, it wasn't like Taylor would know the reason why she chose that song was because that's how she felt every single time she was around the singer. But still. It was a little too on the nose for her comfort. But it would be even more weird if she just randomly switched the song in the middle, so Gabi just stuck it out, praying that the superstar wouldn't catch on.

She tried hard not to mess up on the lyrics (because if she let herself zone out for too long, she'd end up forgetting to sing the "flawless" half of the chorus and only sing "sparkling"), but it was difficult to not sing the song on autopilot and focus more instead on the absolutely gorgeous girl lying next to her.

Seeing that Taylor was still only half-asleep and not totally out yet (in more ways than one), Gabi decided to switch to "Clean" when she finished "Enchanted," avoiding songs from Reputation or later, and only choosing ones that were more calming and happy (so songs like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" were just a bit out of the question).

As she finished "Clean," she saw that Taylor was out like a light. Gabi shifted under the sheets of the bed until she was lying down next to the singer. She muttered a quiet, "I love you" before falling asleep, not realizing Taylor had heard her and whispered the sentiment back before drifting off.