《three》

"Wow." Deaton said as me and Scott carried young Derek into the clinic. We set him on the table.

"Wow? 'Wow' as in 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do -' kind of 'wow' 'Cause that's the kind we were hoping for." Stiles said.

Deaton looked over at him. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"He's cold." Lydia said as she hold his hand.

I came closer to them and touch his hand. "Really cold."

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked Deaton.

"I'm not so sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." He sighed.

"So, what do we do with him?" I asked as I try to warm Derek's hands.

"'Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton said glancing at all of us.

"You mean from Kate?" Scott asked and Deaton nodded.

"If she's alive, amd she is what you say she is, she want able to walk past the gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked and I sighed.

"Knowing how Kate is, it's probably for a reason that only benefits her. And bad for everyone else." I said as I looked at oll of them.

"You guys should probable go home. He doesn't look to be in danger... so, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton said to all of us but Scott sighed.

"Someone should stay with you." He said.

"I stay." Lydia said making us all look at her. "My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes."

Stiles shakes his head. "No, I'm not okay with-"

"Stiles." I cutt him off.

"No, -"

"I'll stay with her, okay!" I shouted. He just look at me. "Okay? Good. Now you can go." I take Lydia's hand.

Scott nodded his head. "Text us if anythings happnes." He walked past Stiles who just look as he was freeze.

"Nope! Still not okay with it. Not going anywhere." He suggest but Scott grab his arm and started pulling him to the door.

"All right, just 'cause you're stronger." He said and I grin at him.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"How's he doing?" I asked after me and Lydia wake up from little sleep.

"His heart rate is alarmingly high." Deaton anwer me as Lydia hold Derek's hand.

"He's a lot warmer now." Lydia said.

"Lydia I'm giving to try something. I want you to two of you keep holding his hand, if that's okay." Deaton told us and we did as he told us. Then he grabbed scalpel and dragged it down to Derek's arm.

As he cut him his hand start to heal. But fast. Really fast.

"That it looks like it healed really fast." Lydia said and I just watched his hand.

"Unusually fast."

"What does it mean?" I asked curious.