𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Song: Daddy issues by The Neighbourhood

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

Is it weird to say I get really happy and giddy when he looks at me?

Like for that split second I know I was on his mind, it may never be the same thing as the way he's on mine but at least it's something.

I'm beginning to sound really obsessive at this point, I should really take it down a notch... Or five.

"Are you even paying attention?" Matteo questions.

"Not really sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night. What am I looking at?"

"See this error in the code here?" He asks while pointing to multiple numbers on his screen.

"Yes, I can't say I've seen something quite like that before."

"I haven't either but do you see these four misplaced numbers? Do you know what those mean?"

"It looks like somebody tried to hack through the database recently, but why?"

"No clue, that's why I need your help to figure it out." He explains.

"Did you try Phishing?" I ask.

Phishing is the fraudulent practice of sending emails or other messages purporting to the from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.

"Do you really think they are that stupid to fall for that shit?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Wouldn't know until you try it. All else fails then try a Brute-force attack paired with a man-in-the-middle attack."

A Brute-force attack is a hacking method that uses trial and error to crack passwords, log in credentials, and encryption keys.

A man-in-the-middle attack is a type of cyber attack in which the attacker secretly intercepts and relays messages between two parties who believe they are communicating directly with each other. The attack is a type of eavesdropping in which the attack intercepts and then controls the entire conversation.

"As I said, you're weirdly intelligent."

"Is weird really the only way you can describe me?"

"Well no but it is the most accurate."

**

"Hello my favorite friend." Megan stated as she just walked into my office.