𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Song: Little do you know by Alex and Sierra

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all of these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They don't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple, a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurt. Not just the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." ~ Neil Gaiman.

I can dream.

I can dream a whole new life, but then again if I got this life I would once dream about... I wouldn't have Lisa and I don't think I can do that.

I can still dream of meeting the lips of the person that is meant to be my forever.

I can still dream of falling asleep in the arms of someone who I will love for my forever.

I can still dream of this picture perfect family, who will always love both Lisa and I.

We are a package deal. I truthfully feel someone like me does not get their happily ever after that they see in Disney movies, but if I do one day get my forever, it wouldn't matter if they don't accept Lisa as much — if not more — than they accept me.

She is and always will be my priority.

No matter what.

"Maxie?" Lisa says as she runs up to me, burying her head in my stomach.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... But I really want to ask you something; I just don't want you to be mad at me."

"I could never be mad at you Lisa, what's going on?"

"For school we have this project that our parents are supposed to help with, it's like a poster with our family and things we like but I can't ask him for help and I can't ask my mommy either."

"Do you want me to help you with it?" I ask, she just nods in return but it's clear something else was weighing on her mind. "Alright darling, come sit next to me. What's really going on? And don't tell me it's about a school project."

She remains silent for a while before suddenly speaking, "can I call you daddy instead of Maxie?"

"Why?"