𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

Song: Say you won't let go by James Arthur

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

"'How do you find someone who won't get sick of you? I feel like I'm contaminated and everyone who goes near me gets infected with boredom.' She said, 'Well I guess not everyone you meet is right for you. I guess two people who shouldn't be together is like drinking to medications that shouldn't be consumed together. If you drink it there's chaos and danger. I guess sometimes we need to go through an overdose of sadness until we find the right person,' I said." ~ Alexa Evangelista, the book I'll never finish writing.

"I don't even know what to wear! He didn't fucking tell me anything about where we are going."

"Something casual and comfy, you overthink it." Megan says.

"How did you know that..." I trail off, "he told you."

"Of course he did, I knew you were going to end up throwing yourself into an anxiety attack if you didn't at least know something and I think he knew that too so when I asked he immediately offered up a bit of information. Don't stress it... It's just Romeo."

Right... Just Romeo. My best friend of ten years, and the guy I don't want to lose.

The same guy that I could lose if this goes south.

Someone who doesn't even know how he feels about me.

I could just be an experiment to him.

I mean it would be easy, I confess my decade long crush and all of a sudden he's constantly wanting me in his arms, and then he asks me on a date.

I don't want to think Romeo would intentionally do that to me, but what if he doesn't even realize he's doing it?

I have a feeling that either way I'm going to be hurt in the end — in one way or another.

Even so, I shrug off the ever growing thoughts and reach for one of my few nice light gray t-shirts that are riddled in blood stains, a black pair of ripped jeans, my favorite long-sleeve red plaid button up shirt shirt, that I always leave unbuttoned and instead it just acts as a cover shirt.

It's loose so it still covers my scar covered arms entirely and makes the omnipod on my right arm less noticeable.

Obviously Romeo knows it's there but just for tonight I want to forget all about it.

"What shoes should I wear?"

"Just wear what's comfortable, Maxie."

"You're no help." I mumble, "Black hightop converse it is."

Truthfully they look brand new despite being five years old.

I don't get to wear them much, I would for the mafia and I don't want to chance getting blood on them.