𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Song: Figures by Jessie Reyez

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

I suppose it could be far worse than it actually is.

The way my moms brother trails my leg with his fingertips as he slams me into the wall by my throat.

The way he presses his clothed groin against mine.

But it never goes beyond that point, so it could be worse... So much damn worse.

Besides that, I am starting to question how I can smile and joke all day fucking long when this is my reality. How I haven't completely collapsed.

I keep so much pain inside myself. I grasp onto my anger and hold it in my chest.

It truly has changed me, not that any one would actually notice that fact.

It changed me into something I was never meant to be — or rather someone I fail to recognize.

The shooting pain as my head gets slammed into the wall behind me.

The throbbing of my chest as he pins me to the wall with his free hand putting pressure right on my pacemaker.

The way I know I will collapse to the floor the moment he lets go.

The way I would still drop Lisa off at school and go to work in the morning, work, crack a few jokes, and let the world continue to spin.

So yes. It could be so much fucking worst.

**

"Theoretically do you think my pacemaker could just stop working if I throw myself into a wall hard enough?" I ask as I randomly walk into my best friend's office.

"What?" He annoyingly questions my question with another fucking question. It's fine. Everything is fine.

I sigh, "say I got really bored and decided to catapult into a wall as hard as possible, could that by chance affect my pacemaker?"

"Well, why are you throwing yourself into a wall?" Stop answering my damn question with yet another question before I throw myself off the building.

"I'm dying and my final wish is to be shot out of a canon into a solid brick wall, I don't fucking know. Just answer the entirely theoretical question."