CHAPTER 40 | Jail |

WINTER POV

It can't be, he's joking. Right?

—---------------------------------------------

They had arrived at the enormous prison. It seemed to look like the normal jail place you would see in shows and movies, just instead with chaotic old adults, it's with chaotic teenagers and young adults. I could already hear the yelling and banging from outside the prison as we drove closer and closer. 

I can't do this. I can't. Even if Hailstorm is here or not. 

Right then the back doors slammed open. 

" Come on." The officer yanked him by the arm and uncuffed his hands just to do it again with his hands onto his back. The officers walked him up to the enormous building. 

" Look kid, we'll make this fast and you could make some new friends quickly." 

" Yeah right, friends.." I mumbled sarcastically and got a slap on the back of my head in response. I hate this already.

—-------------------------------------------

The guard pushed me harshly into the courtyard causing me to fall already. 

" Little piece of sh!t." The guard laughed wickedly as he trotted away. I grumbled curses under my breath as I pulled myself up brushing the dirt and pebbles off my clothing. This prison is pissing me off already. I observed the big courtyard. There were guards planted high and down and prisoners chilling around. What the heck do I do?!? I can't just come up to someone, this is a prison of course. 

I saw a nearby bench and went over to it where I sat myself down. I knew I would get easily targeted for being 'pretty' and new. That's when my prediction came true. I noticed a small group of teenagers whispering to each other as they glanced at me multiple times. 

They looked about at least 19 years old, just two years older. I think I could easily defend myself.. As long as it's one person. That's when one of them interrupted my thoughts. 

" I see your new here, am I correct?" The group had walked over to the bench I was sitting on. There were about six of them surrounding me, most of them boys but a few girls. I kept my mouth shut trying to get them to be bored of me. 

" I take that as a yes. So, what did you do to get into this dump?" The guy had sat next to me with an arm wrapping around me. They had blackish- green hair with dark skin and looked about a strong body. These guys are not going to give me a great time on the first day. He'd glance at the guy. I guess I'll just play with it. 

" So, what is it?" I took in a small breath and answered. 

" 'Attempted' murder, side quested in some crimes, stealing and trespassing." 

" Nice, you're lucky you didn't do what I did. Gotta stay here for maybe about five or six more years then they'll transport me to the real jail. Name's Agileclaws, you?" 

" Winter." He nodded until one of his friends tugged his shoulder. His friend whispered something into his ear. His eyes widened in shock but he quickly shook it off. 

" Wait, I think I've heard of your name before.. Do you have any cop's or anything like that in your family?" 

" I guess my dad." That's when he'd flinched up. He stood up from the bench and harshly grabbed him by the collar.