chapter nineteen

"What the actual fuck was that Brooke?" Zane asked me when we were all back in my car headed over to the track after finishing our golf game.

"Blame your new slut," I laughed, turning in the passenger seat to face him behind Cole's driver seat, "She called me a lesbian chicken."

"A what?" Eli laughed.

"Thea called Brooke a lesbian because she hasn't slept with any of you 'hot guys'," Rebecca said using air quotes and a mocking tone.

"I mean we are hot," Cole smirked, squeezing my leg and giving me a wink, "I could change the whole haven't slept with any of us part."

"Let me just throw your boxers at her as proof I guess," I laughed as my face turned bright red under my makeup.

"I get why you did it," Zane said, running his hand through his short dark hair I had had my hands in not even 20 minutes ago, "but why me and not Cole? Y'all are a thing I think?"

"I told her to kiss you man," Cole laughed, "Thought you could have a little taste of why I'm so pussy whipped as you say."

"And I chose you because it would piss Thea off and she earned that by calling me a lesbian," I explained, reaching out and touching Zane's leg, "besides she can take care of what I started later."

"You didn't start anything," Zane lied, his face turning bright red this time as he tugged on his pants.

"Oh please," Rebecca snorted, motioning to Zane's crotch, "you could see that thing from space after Brooke laid one on you!"

"Well I mean," Zane stuttered trying to put words together, "Have you fucking seen how big her got damned boobs are? And they were pressed against me and did you have to pull my hair?"

"I didn't have to but like Cole said you had to be taught a lesson too," I laughed smiling at my flustered best friend, "You'll be okay tho. I promise."

"If you ever try that shit again," Zane trailed off lost in thought.

"She won't," Cole stated with an edge as if he could read Zane's mind.

"I mean it was hot and all but damn Brooke. Cole is a lucky man," Zane said, rolling his eyes and letting out a huge sigh. We all laughed as Cole pulled into the Tracks parking lot.

"Fuck yes!" Eli yelled, jumping out of the car before it was in park, "Who's ready to bow to King Eli?"

The lights from the ferris wheel and track lit up the night illuminating everything in their neon glow. The air smelled of the popcorn and pizza they served in the arcade and the chlorine from the bumper boats. Being that it was almost mid-March it was chilly outside after the sun went down taking the warmth with it, but we had come prepared with jackets to settle the score with King Eli on the track.

"I think little Brooke may be too short," Thea giggled, joining our group with Mandi and Brad, wrapping her arms around Zane.

"I don't race on the track anyways," I smiled at her, ignoring her comment, "I prefer to build my cars and take them to the streets to settle differences."

"Brooke is our photographer and our fight settler when Zane cheats," Cole said, kissing my forehead and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I don't cheat!," Zane scoffed, "Eli is the cheater."

"Of course you would accuse the King you peasant," Eli said, holding his imaginary scepter again, "Now onward to settle this!"

We all followed Eli to the track where everyone had to show their drivers license since the karts moved at excessive speeds and get measured to be sure they could reach the pedals. I knew I was too short to drive these with the minimum height being 5'4 so I took out my camera and prepared to take more pictures of my friends racing around the track. I knew I would be photoshopping a crown on Eli's head later since he did always win, cheating or not he was King Eli of the Track. I saw someone come stand beside me as I snapped a picture of everyone sitting in their karts waiting to listen to the operator give them instructions.