Love and Separation

The Doctor's grandparents have a big yard, and the old couple planted many trees. Not flowers, not grass, but trees. Small Camphor trees, small Cycas, small Winter Sweets. In the afternoon, the old couple sat side by side on the balcony to bask in the sun. Looking at the backs, I thought of how nice it would be if Gu Wei and I could do the same in a few decades, holding hands and talking to each other.

I once asked Gu Wei, who it would be if it wasn't me.

Gu Wei thought for a moment and said that he might find a colleague, a doctor, or a hospital administrator.

I asked viciously why. He said that as he gets older, his parents will be anxious, and he doesn't have time to find a relationship, so he should accept if his parents or colleagues introduced him to a person in the same work or circle. If he found a doctor too, that person won't think he was busy at work. If he finds an administrator, there would be someone who can pay more attention to the family. Then the two get to know each other properly, fall in love, get married, have children, and live a life.

He spoke plainly.

I can imagine him smiling with another white coat. I will not hypocritically comment on whether it is love or not; Because if it were not for Gu Wei, I might have also found a suitable partner in the eyes of others, in the same circle, and faced the same love and marriage process. Lovers in the same work circle always understand each other better than cross-circle lovers because of the similarity in the nature and content of their work. I can understand this mode of love and marriage, so I felt a little empty pain in my heart.

I looked into his eyes and imagined the difference between the way he looks at me now and the way he looks at his 'possible girlfriend.'

Gu Wei quietly let me stare at him. He is always calm and honest in front of me.

"If I had studied medicine, by now, our children would have bought soy sauce. Ah, all these years have been wasted."

(buying soy sauce = is typically the first independent thing for a child around first grade elementary/ kindergarten to go buy at the store their own. The first milestone errand.)

Gu Wei smiled shallowly: "How busy would that be..."

I pinched his earlobe: "If you hadn't been busy, I wouldn't have found you."

Gu Wei has always thought that being a doctor is a very unsuitable profession for love. Constantly tired, busy, and not free. He tried very hard to make up for these deficiencies and didn't say anything, but when he looked at me, there was always a touch of apology. In the past three years, his initial approach, from the later hesitation. and then to the determination, and then to the determination and efforts, I saw it in his eyes. It made me feel distressed for no reason.

I quickly changed the subject: "Doctor, which was better, Chinese or English, when you were at school?"

Gu Wei thought for a moment, "English."

Two tragic science students...

"Ah, In the future, if the result of the Chinese examination paper that the child brings back is too ugly. Should I teach or not? If you don't teach him, you won't be able to pass it on. If you don't teach him, you won't be able to pass it on. If you teach, he's not genetically good. Well, I'll tell you what. From now on, I'll be day-to-day teaching, and I can also do ideological work. I'll wait for you to come home for the spanking when naughty. Let's split up the work first."

Gu Wei chuckled: "You changed the subject again."

________________________________________________________________________________