5.

She shivered when she heard her dad's voice." Hey Shruthi, have you reached?How is Sara?", he asked.

" I reached 10 min back dad.Sara is fine",she said hiding the fear in her voice.
"Is everything ok.Is the apartment comfortable ",he asked.
"Yes dad.It is more than comfortable",she lied.

"Is Sara next to you.I would like to have a word with her",he said.

Shruthi's heart raced.What should she say now.Definitely not the truth.He will be very angry and all her expectations about her dream life would be ruined.She had to make up something.Something sensible because she knows the level of her father's intelligence.

"She has not returned from work dad.I'll ask her to call you when she returns",she said.

"What she did not come to the bus station to pick you up?", he asked with a stern tone.

Omg.She should have expected this before.
" She wanted to come but I did not want to worry her so I took a cab", she informed.

" I hope you remember what I told you.The place is new to you so I told you not to go alone.You travelled alone in a cab at this time?", he shouted.

Now her hands started shaking with fear." I will not do it again dad.I thought it would be a good start.Anyway I have to get used to the place ",she said.

"You better behave yourself here after or I can call you back at anytime",he said in a threatening tone.

Shruthi's hands were shaking with fear."Sorry dad", was all that she could say.

After the short conversation with her dad,Shruthi was really tired physically and mentally.
She was scared about her father's reaction when he knows about this whole live-in matter but she was too tired to even think about it.She did not even care to change her clothes.She simply lay down and went to sleep.