30.

That day was Friday.Dress code is usually casual on Fridays.The boys and girls wait for this day to show off their new and fashionable clothes.

Jasmine was a pretty girl.She wore simple and elegant dresses which made her look beautiful and classy. She wore a white loose shirt with pale blue jean that day.Her hair was let loose.She applied minimal make up.
She entered the cafeteria when Raghav and Vishwa were about to leave.

"Man!I feel like eating another puff.So you carry on.I will come later",said Raghav.

Vishwa eyed him suspiciously.Then he saw Jasmine entering.He grinned at him and said,"I too feel like eating one",

Raghav glared at Vishwa then pleaded,"Please da" he said.

Vishwa enjoyed irritating him so stood there without moving.
Raghav kept nudging him to leave and finally he got frustrated and pinched him hard.

"Ahhhh",cried Vishwa in pain.
Jasmine who passed by turned to look in the direction of the sound.
Raghav smiled at her and said "Hai Jash,how is work"

She was surprised at how he had called her but said,"Work is good.And you are......?",she asked.

Raghav extended his hand and said,"Raghav"
She then looked at Vishwa.
"This is Vishwa,my friend",he said with gritted teeth.
She smiled and said, "Hai"
Vishwa felt uneasy so he said,"I got some work so you guys carry on"

Raghav smiled at him gratefully.
"Ok you carry on",she said and headed to counter to order her coffee.

Raghav came along and stood next to her.
"What would you like to have?",she asked.

"Get me coffee",he said.
She ordered coffee for both and paid for it.

The canteen in charge gave Raghav a sharp look.Besides the fact that he had just eaten two egg puffs with coffee,he was now letting her pay instead of paying for it.

Raghav just looked away and took a seat at the corner of the canteen.

She came to the table with two coffees and they started speaking casually.

Vivek who happened to come to the cafeteria for break was shocked to see Raghav and Jasmine together and all other guys had their eyes fixed on these both.

Regretting for coming there,he went back into the office.He went to the rest room and looked at his image in the mirror.

He wore a simple white T-shirt and faded blue jeans.He looked at the guy who just entered.He looked highly trendy.

"Girls always prefer trendy guys over simple guys",he thought and sighed.

*******************

Shruthi was trying to watch movies and read books to avoid the thoughts about Vishwa.But everytime she came across a love song or a love scene,she thought about Vishwa.

He had sent two more mesaages later in the evening but she did not reply.

Could she just be friends with him despite knowing he likes her or cares for her.Or is it just he likes her in a friendly way and cares for her just because she is Sara's friend.
Why does her stomach flutter whenever she thinks he likes him.Is she falling for him or is it just the happiness girls feel when a guy likes them.

She was lost in thoughts.Rajamma had prepared dinner for them.She wanted to leave early that day so she left by 7pm.

Her dad came from the funeral at 8pm.He was too tired and broken so he refused to have dinner with her.He went straight to his room.

She felt bored to have dinner alone so she decided to call Sara.

"Hey",she said
"Hai Shruthi.How is your town.So enjoying huh?",said Sara.

"Yeah Sara.Happy to be back here",she lied.

"Oh that's good.Had your dinner?",she asked.

"No.I am waiting for dad to join me",said Shruthi sadly.

"Ok ok Did Vishwa call you",asked Sara.

Shruthi's face lit up like she was expecting for this conversation to begin.

"No.Did he really think I am vacating.Was he angry with me?",she asked.

"He was not angry.He became nervous.He did not want him to be the reason for you to go.He even said that you can stay and he will shift to his friend's house",said Sara.

Shruthi became disappointed.So he preferred to live with his friend than to convince me to stay with him she thought.

"Then I told him that you were going to your town.Only then did he calm down",she said.

"Oh",Shruthi answered.

"Today he called to make sure you reached safely.What Vishwa has on you is not just care.In my opinion,I think he really likes you",said Sara.

Shruthi was more than happy.She felt like flying.Her dull mood instantly became bright.She was grinning like a mad girl.

"Really",she said hiding her happiness.

"Yes.I have known him for years.He behaves differently with you.It can be some other reason also.I am not sure",she warned.

Shruthi barely listened to her warning.She was literally dancing around.
"Ok Shruthi.Ill talk to you,when I come to my room.Bye",said Sara.
"Byeeeee",said Shruthi.

She tossed her phone on the dining table and turned around happily.