10.

Three months have passed and everything seemed to be very smooth as far as Shruthi was concerned.Going to work and returning by 8 or 9 was a routine for her.She no longer used the taxi but was picked up and dropped by her company cab,so she felt all the more safe now.

She spent most of the weekends with Sara and occassionally went out for a movie with Sara and Vishwa.

Her dad kept calling her everyday for a month after which the calls gradually decreased because he was emerged in his new project and was out of town most of the time.

Shruthi was very happy and independent.The city was no longer new to her.She knew the direction to most of the places and did not depend much on anyone to accompany her.

Everything was good until that one day which changed her life upside down.

One evening she returned home exhausted.She had a lot of work to finish and did not get time to relax.She returned home finally which seemed like ages.

She opened the door and sat on the couch.She was extremely tired that she could not move.She lay down on the couch and clised her eyes.Suddenly her phone rang.She pressed the answer button and said,"Hello dad" in a dull tone.

"Hey Shruthi!Hiw are you?",he asked.

"Im good dad.It has been a week since I heard from you.You did not pick up when I called you",she accused.

"Sorry honey.I was a little busy with my new project.It was very hectic you know",he sighed

"Now you can see who calls frequently and who misses you",she said pretending to be angry.

"I said I was sorry but I have a surprise for you",he said.

"Really .What is it dad?",she asked eagerly.

"You are going to meet me in person",he said happily.

Shruthi took some time to get that phrase into her mind.
"Which means your coming here to meet me",she asked in shock.

"Yes dear.I have a meeting near your city in about two days ,so I thought Ill come and visit you.I really miss you.",he said.

Shruthi was speechless."Sure dad.You are most welcome",she managed to say.

After she hung up,she sat there petrified.How in the world was she going to handle this problem now.
She expected this situation but not so soon.She had to discuss this over with Sara first and then with Vishwa.There was very little time and she had to come up with something.She was in a do or die situation because her life depended on this.