12.

The next morning Vishwa had an "off" so he was still sleeping.Shruthi got up as usual and got ready for work.She was thankful that Vishwa was still asleep because she did not want to look at him after what happened yesterday.

She went to the kitchen and made breakfast .Her mind was thinking about all that happened last night.How could he talk to her like that.She was only waiting to talk to him about her dad.He was the one who started giving sly comments.How does he expect me to tolerate all the disgusting comments he made.

She made her breakfast and went to the living room with her plate.She sat down on the couch and started eating.

Vishwa came out of his room and sat on the couch opposite to her.He was holding his head and she thought he probably had a hang over.

She decided to ignore him.As she was getting late,she hurried to the kitchen to wash her plate.When she turned to leave,Vishwa was standing at the corner of the kitchen.She tried not to notice him and walked past him when he called her.
"Shruthi I uh yesterday was a mistake",he struttered.

She went to her room without saying a word.She took her handbag and opened the front door to leave.
"Shruthi wait!",he said

She was irritated.She turned around to look at him.
"I know I said a few things that might hurt you yesterday.I am sorry about that.",he said.

"You don't need to apologize.I wouldn't get hurt if some stranger got drunk and blabbered some rubbish",she said casually.

She stressed on the word stranger and he suddenly felt a sting of pain in his body.His heart ached and he knew she would have felt the same when he said it yesterday.

He opened his mouth to say something but she turned around and closed the door behind her.

"What the hell! I am talking to her and she just left.",he said and kicked the floor.

It was a busy day for Shruthi.She had no time to think about Vishwa or her dad.When she was finally done.It was 7 am.She did not want to go to the apartment because she knew Vishwa would be there since it was his "off".

She wanted to relax somewhere so she decided to go to Sara's room and spend time with her.

Sara opened the door with a bright smile.Shruthi smiled at her and hugged her.
Shruthi looked around while Sara went to get her a drink.
It was a large room with a kitchen.There was no hall as such.Only a bedroom and a kitchen.It would be comfortable only for one person and that is why Sara did not invite Shruthi to stay there.

"Sorry Shruthi you called me yesterday but I was too busy.I only saw it at midnight.I thought you would be sleeping so I did not call",she said.
"That's ok",Shruthi replied looking dull.

"What is wrong.You look very dull",asked Sara with concern.

"Dad is coming to visit me in two days",she said without looking up.

Sara was shocked."Oh that is really a bad news now.Did you tell Vishwa?What did he say?",she asked curiously.

Shruthi took a deep breath."No",she replied.

"Why not?You have to tell him.We do not have enough time.We can ask him to stay in his friend's house for two days",she suggested.

"I don't think he will agree to it.Not after yesterday's incident",Shruthi said bitterly.

"Why what happened?What were you guys up to",asked Sara with a wink.

"ohh shut up Sara.I hate what you think and I definitely don't intend to have any kind of relationship with an idiot like him",she said angrily.

"ok ok now tell me what happened",asked Sara.

Shruthi briefly explained last night's incident.Sara listened to her without interrupting.

After Shruthi finished,she looked at Sara for her opinion.Sara was still thoughful."Well don't you think you over reacted to the situation",she spoke finally.
Shruthi gave her a glare "What do you mean?"

"It is his right to drink or smoke as long as he does not disturb you.I feel you would not have reacted the same if your dad did not call you or you were not exhausted from work",she said carefully.

"Why do you always prefer to support him over me?",asked Shruthi looking disappointed.

"It is the truth Shruthi.Truth is always bitter.You are not his mom to yell at him.You are not his girl friend to advice him and if you say you both are friends,friends do not control each other,they only respect each other's feelings.",she said trying to explain her point.

Shruthi did not want to reply.She was angry Sara was on his side so she kept her mouth shut not wanting to regret for anything she replied.

"You are new to this live-in relationship.Men are worse than what you have seen and Vishwa is far better.Do you think it is bad if a person drinks once in 3 months?There are guys who drink daily.Imagine your life if he was one of them",said Sara.

"I would vacate the house and go to my town",said Shruthi.

"Is it that easy for you to leave your dream life",asked Sara.

Shruthi fell silent.
"I know it is not that easy.I know how much you had longed to work and lead a life on your own.Do you want to spoil it for a simple reason?",asked Sara.

"No but what do I do now.If my dad ever knows I am finished", said Shruthi trembling at the thought.

"Talk to Vishwa.He will understand.",said Sara.

Shruthi let out a sigh."Ill try my best but what if he does not agree"

"He will.If he doesn't then Ill talk to him and make him agree.ok?",said Sara.

Shruthi gave her a worried look.
"Don't think too much.He will agree for sure.He is not that bad",said Sara.

Shruthi just nodded and got up to leave as it was already 9.00.

She dreaded to go home because she did not want to look at Vishwa but there was no other way.She had to convince him somehow.