32.

Shruthi and her dad went out and spent the whole afternoon together.They went to the children's park where she used to visit when she was small.She felt like a small girl again.Her dad was slowly recovering from the loss of his friend.They went to restaurant and tried different varieties of food together.Shruthi was happy with her dad and totally forgot about the promise she made and the feelings she had for Vishwa.

She was overwhelmed with the joy of reminiscing her childhood that she did not want to go home.Her father suggested that they go to an exhibition that was held in a school ground.Shruthi gladly said ok.

She took a look at the different stalls and tasted the chat items and other junk food sold at the exhibition.Then she dragged her father to the giant wheel.He refused at first but when she insisted he gave in.She enjoyed the view of the city when the carriage slowly moved up and when it swung down to the ground she had a odd feeling in her stomach.She actually enjoyed the ride.

They tried other rides in the exhibition and at the end of the day,Shruthi and her dad was exhausted.They thoroughly enjoyed that day and it was surely a memorable day for both of them.

As they had a lot of snacks in the exhibition,they decided to skip dinner.
"How was your day dad",asked Shruthi.

"It was wonderful dear.I missed this fun all these days",he said honestly.

"Don't worry dad I will come here whenever I get time",she said.

"I will be always waiting for you",he said.
Shruthi yawned so her dad said good night and went to his room.

Shruthi lay on her bed and took her phone.There were 10 messages.She opened to see who it was.
There were 5 from office,two from Sara and one from her mobile operator and the other two were from Vishwa.
She opened Vishwa's message first.

WHEN ARE YOU RETURNING
he had sent.

ARE YOU THERE? he asked.

He had sent two hours ago.
I WILL RETURN TOMORROW she sent
After 5 mins he sent her a smiley.

WHERE WERE YOU.I WAS WORRIED WHEN YOU DID NOT REPLY he sent.

I WAS AT THE EXHIBITION WITH MY DAD she typed.

OK GOOD NIGHT he sent.
She was disappointed that he wanted to go fast.Although she reminded herself about the promise,nothing could stop the happiness when she spoke to Vishwa.

After 5 mins her phone beeped again.She opened to see the message and her eyes went wide.
I MISS YOU he sent.
She smiled to herself but did not reply.
************************
It was 9pm and Vivek was still in office.It was a hectic day.He finally got up to leave.

Jasmine took the lift to go to the ground floor.The lift opened in the 9th floor and a guy got in.
He kept staring at her and she felt uneasy.Suddenly she felt his hand on her hip.She turned to look at him but he was standing far apart.Maybe it was her imagination.
After some time he again touched her hip.She was terrified.She turned to look at him but he was looking into his phone.
There were 6 more floors to go to the ground floor.She prayed that someone came into the lift.

The lift opened in the 5th floor but no one got in.The office seemed to be vacant.The guy now pinched her hip and when she tried to slap him he held her hand.Luckily the lift opened in the 4th floor and Vivek got in.

He looked at Jasmine's terrified face and looked at the guy next to her.The guy slowly put his hand around her waist.Vivek happened to see his reflection in front of him.
He punched the guy hard on his nose and his nose started bleeding.

Jasmine looked at him shocked.The lift opened in the second floor and he pushed the guy out of the lift.Jasmine's mouth dropped in shock.This was actually the first time she noticed Vivek in office.

The lift opened in the ground floor and Vivek walked fast to the parking area.Jasmine tried to thank him but she had no words.
He took his bike and came near her.
"How are you going home",he asked.

"I have to go by bus",she said.

"Go to the bus stop before he comes in search of you",he said.

When he turned to leave,she asked,"Can you drop me in the bus stop"
He looked at her for a moment and said ok
She sat behind him and he dropped her at the bus stop.When he turned to leave,she said,"Thanks"

"That is ok",he said.
"Your name",she asked
"I am Vivek",he said.
"Nice name",she said.
He turned his face to hide the smile on his face.
Since her bus arrived,she got in and waved bye.

He waved back and started grinning like a mad person.