8.

The next day,Shruthi got up early.She was excited about going to work.It was her first job and it was her first day.She felt like a child eagerly waiting to eat its favourite ice cream.

She just drank a glass of milk and started for office.Vishwa was nowhere to be found in the living room.He probably did not return from his jogging she thought.She locked the house and went to the parking area where her taxi was waiting for her.

After 20mins,she reached the entrance of her new company.She got down from the taxi and took a look at the huge building.She quickly closed her eyes and said a short prayer.She raised her chin and walked into the building with a feeling of pride.

She went to the reception and inquired about her project.She was asked to go to the 4th floor and meet someone named Santhosh.
She quickly thanked the girl and headed towards the lift.When she reached the 4th floor,a large sign board welcomed her.She opened the door and was surprised to see that the whole floor was empty.Nobody was there in their seats.She looked around to see if anyone could help her but there was no sign of anyone.

She stood there for a while and then suddenly heard a roar of laughter from outside.She closed the door and walked in the direction of the noise.

She walked through the corrider and reached a large room.She found all the employees surrounded around a table.Suddenly alk of them started singing"Happy birthday to you!Happy birthday dear Santhosh" and started clapping when he cut the cake.She could not see his face because he was crowded by people.

So this was the Santhosh,she had to meet and he was celebrating his birthday in the middle of the office.

After a while,each one of them took a piece of cake and moved from their place.They started forming small gangs while eating their cake and was chatting happily.

Santhosh was talking to someone with his back facing Shruthi.Noone actually seemed to notice her since they were busy eating and talking.

Shruthi slowly moved in looking around surprised.Was this the office she was going to work in.It pretty much looked like a party hall.She went near Santhosh and said,"Excuse me".

He turned around to see who it was.Shruthi chuckled when she saw the cake cream on his nose and cheeks.

He looked confused and asked"why are you laughing"
She pointed to his cheek and nose.He took his phone out and looked into the front camera to see what was wrong.When he found what his mischievous team mates had done to him,he started laughing too.He wiped his face.Now Shruthi had a good look at his face.He was fair and wore glasses.It gave him a studious look she thought.He was not too fat nor too thin but he was tall and in his mid twenties she guessed.

"I am Shruthi newly appointed",she said at last.
"oh hai Shruthi.Welcome to the corporate world",he said smiling sweetly.

Althought she found that a little awkward, she smiled brightly at him.

Then all the team mates settled in their own seats and Santhosh showed Shruthi her seat.He briefly explained about their project and introduced her to a fellow mate and asked him to help her since it was her first day.

The day went better than she had expected.Since it was her first day she did not have that much work to do.So she was allowed to leave by 6.00 while the others still worked to finish their work.She waved bye to her fellow mate named Veera and then took the lift and came down to the parking area.She had called the taxi already so she waiting there to go home.

"Not bad.It was a good day",she thought and smiled to herself.