13.

When Shruthi went to her apartment,it was 10.30.Shruthi's hands were trembling when she unlocked the door.She prayed to God that Vishwa had better gone out as she needed time to face him.
Her prayer was in vain.He was sitting there on the couch right in front of her watching TV.

"Shit",she whispered and entered.She could have gone straight into her room but she wanted to start a conversation so she sat on the couch opposite to him and placed her handbag near her.She took her phone out and pretended to check for calls.

At the corner of her eye she looked at him.His eyes were fixed on the Tv and he did not care to look at her.
She tried her best not to get angry if he ignored her or passed rude comments.

When she opened her mouth to start a light conversation,his phone let out a loud ringtone.

He picked up and started talking.
"yeah babe.Got stuck in the apartment"

".........."

"yeah yeah I know.Im sorry.Am sure we can got out tomo.Maybe dinner"

"..........."

"That is fine.See you tomo then.Bye"

"..........."

"Me too"he said and tossed his phone on the couch.

Shruthi rolled her eyes."oh please I am not that type da",she said loudly imitating his voice reminding him of what he said his friend in the mall.

He glanced at her and she pretended to read a message from her phone.He smiled to himself

"jealousy jealousy",he sang loudly.
When she looked at him,he imitated her and looked at his phone.

"Why should I be jealous of you",she asked looking at him.

After a few seconds he looked up from his phone and said ," Excuse me .Did you say something"

"I ...she started but said never mind.I want to talk to you and it is really important",she said.

When he did not look at her,she said"I am talking to you"

"I have ears.You can go ahead",he snapped.

"My dad will be visiting me in two days",she said slowly.

"Wow that is great",he replied.
She glared at him."If he knows we are staying together",she stopped to look at him.

He gave her a sharp look.
"I mean if he knows I am sharing the apartment with you,then that is the end of me.He will bury me alive",she said trembling at the thought.

"That is your problem.What do I have to do with it",he said casually.

She hesitated for a while.She felt very uneasy to ask him a favour.
"If only you stay somewhere else;I mean in your friend's house for two days I can tackle this problem ",she stopped to look at his reaction.

He was looking at the carpet now.His face was stern.After a long pause he turned to her and said"I do not have friends",he said.

"Maybe in a hotel or something",she pushed.He looked at her straight in the eyes.
She looked away not able to withstand the intensity of his gaze.

"What will you do if I say no",he asked
Shruthi looked at him shocked.The thought of her dad dragging her to the town flashed across her eyes.Immediately she was in tears.

"Please Vishwa.My dad will kill me.He will take me back to my town and that is the end of my happy life.",she said
"I love my job.I love this city.I love staying here all by myself.Don't ruin my future",she said amidst her sobs.

Vishwa was completely blown.He expected her to plead but he did not expect her to break down like this.

He did not know how to handle woman especially the crying ones.So he silently got up and went to his room.

Shruthi watched him confused.Was this his way of saying no.She sobbed loudly now.

After some time she wiped her tears and went to his room.She stood next to his door and looked at him.She slightly knocked on the door.

"Come in.The door is opened can't you see",he said

She walked in and stood next to him.She saw him packing his clothes.
"What are you doing ?",she asked.

"Don't you have eyes.I am packing my things because I need my stuff for two days when I am away",he said feeling irritated.
"Thank you so much Vishwa.I never thought you would agree",she thanked with eyes full of gratitude.
He looked at her for a moment and gestured her to bend down.She looked at him confused then slowly knelt down before him as his bed was scattered with things.She looked up at him and he looked down at her.He wiped the tear which was ready to escape her eyes and placed his hands on her shoulder.She looked at his hands and looked back at him.
He bent down a little closer and said"You don't have to be that grateful.I know how much you love your job and I don't want to be the reason for ruining it.",he said.

Their gazes met for a while and then he took his hands off her shoulder and moved away to take something from his wardrobe.

She got up and moved towards the door when he called her.

"Don't be very happy because this favour is not free of cost.Next month my mom might come to visit me.She usually stays here for a week and as I miss her badly I am going to ask her to stay with me for a month.So that means you have to return this favour",he said and winked at her.

Her eyes went wide in shock but she did not want to argue about it now so she went straight to her room with atmost satisfaction.