11

She was restless.She phoned Sara but her number was not reachable.She grew tensed.she paced around the living room.It was 11 and still no sign of Vishwa.Maybe he was working till midnight but she had to talk to him about this so she was waiting for him.
It was 12 and he did not turn up.She could call him but she did not want to discuss the matter over the phone.She lay down on the couch.She was exhausted physically and mentally.She slowly drifted to a peaceful sleep.

When she heard the door open,she opened her eyes slowly.What she saw made her sit up and stare in disbelief.

Vishwa was struggling to lock the door.His clothes were wrinkled and shabby.He tried his best but could not lock it so he simply banged the door and turned around.

She watched him silently.When he saw her he said,"Hey Sh....Shruthi.How a..are you?"

She immediately found out what his problem was.He was drunk.No use of talking to him now.He would not understand.How could he come like this.Dosen't he know she was there.How would she tell him about her dad's arrival.She had less time.She wanted to talk to him and resolve this issue soon but what the hell was wrong with him.For the past 3 months he had behaved well that she thought he had no bad habits.But she was wrong.Men are always men.None of them are genuine she thought bitterly.

She turned around to leave but she heard him call.She was hesitant but turned around.

"Shruthii y are you awake?waiting for me?",he smiled winking at her.

She grew angry now."Yes I wanted to talk to you about something important but you are not in the mood to listen and I am not in the mood to explain either.So good night ",she said and tried to move.

"Ohhhh just to talk!!!!! I thought you could not resist my charm",he said pouting at her.

She gave him a disgusted look."I can resist even the world's best looking guy's charms",she said at once.

"Thats not true babe",he said and came close to her.
She moved back and stubbled on the couch.

He held her just in time and looked deeply into her eyes.She could smell the strong smell of the alcohol in his breath.

She pushed him and tried to go to her room when he held her wrist and pulled her back to him.

"What did you want to tell me",he asked .

Shruthi struggled in his hold."Leave me alone you jerk",she shouted."I can't talk to you because you are drunk.",she shouted.

"Yes! I am drunk.So what?.I can always be of any help to you",he said and laughed.

She looked at him confused at first.Then she understood what he implied at and stared at him."You came drunk with me in the house? Don't you know the meaning of decency?",she asked.

"What do you mean?Why wouldn't I drink if you stay here.",he asked

"Because gentlemen will have the courtesy to think about a fellow mate who lives in the same apartment",she said.Her eyes were blazing with anger.

"Excuse me!I am not a drunkard.I drink occassionally.It was my close friend's bachelor party and I could not avoid it.",he explained.

"There is nothing called occasional.Once you start drinking you crave for more",she argued.

"Now listen lady! just because you stay here,I cannot sacrifice my personal pleasures.You should complain only if I drink and misbehave to you.Otherwise it is not your business.I have the right to do what I like.",he blurted out.

"Now mind you.Don't even question me like that.You are not my mother,not my girl friend,not even my friend to shout at me like that.I have been staying here for years and I am paying my rent.Just because a silly girl is staying along,I cannot sacrifice my happiness.You got it",he shouted.

She looked at him trembling.Hurt well plastered on her face.These three months she stayed there,she considered Vishwa as her good friend but the way he behaved now , hurt her because he only considered her as a person who shares the roof.

"You do what you want.You are such a jerk and it is my mistake to expect respect from a heartless person like you",she said and ran into her room.She banged her door and locked it.

He looked at her in shock.He felt very guilty for talking to her like that.He did not mean it but the alcohol had made him talk so.

"Damn!",he whispered and went into his room.