31

Hannah was worried about Cal since Taylor had turned up. She knew all about Taylor. And how she had damaged cal before. She didn't want that to happen again.

She didn't want to see him spiral again. She knew how Taylor had come between Cal and Ethan before. She knew that their relationship had become so much better. But she didn't want it to go downhill again.

She knew that she and Cal had Ella. And the only money they had was for her. Hannah was adamant that she wasn't going to let her daughter go without.

Hannah knew she was worried that Cal was going to fall for Taylor's cons again. She didn't know if she would be able to stick around for it.

All she knew was that things were a mess. And she felt like it was too much for her.

When morning came, she woke in bed. Cal was there. She smiled. "Have you slept at all?" She asked.

Cal shook his head. "I can't. Too much on my mind," he told her.

Hannah sat up and cuddled into him. She smiled. "I know it's hard. But it's going to be okay. She'll realise we're not going to give her money and then she'll go again."

"I don't know."

Hannah sighed. "If you want, I can ask my dad to lend us the money? I'm sure he would," she suggested.

Cal shook his head. "I can't borrow money from your dad to give my ex. It wouldn't be right," he said.

Hannah smiled. She kissed him. "I'll say it's for me. To repay my collage loans," she told him. She took his hand. "We're in this together. Okay?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Hannah went into work. Cal had taken the day off. Hannah walked over to Lexie. "Hey trouble. You okay?" Lexie asked.

Hannah nodded. "Yeah. Have you seen my dad? I need to talk to him."

Lexie shook her head. "Not since last night. Is everything okay?" She asked

Hannah shrugged and sighed. She looked to her. "I don't know. Cal is in a mess about this whole Taylor situation," she said.

Lexie smiled. "Well if I can help, let me know."

"Thanks Lex. You mentioned you saw dad last night. Did something happen?" Hannah asked.

"He came to see Esmè. We kissed. A lot."

Hannah smirked and nodded. "Right. Okay."

***
Hannah walked into her dads office. He looked to her. "Hey darling. Is everything okay?" He asked

Hannah shrugged and looked to him. "I don't know. On a scale from one to ten, would you be able to lend me some money?"

Sam looked up from his paperwork. He sighed. "What mess are you in?" He asked.

"It's to pay my student loans back. I want to make sure I'm debt free," Hannah said as she sat down.

Sam sighed and nodded. "Give me a few days. I'll see what I can do for you. Okay?"

"Thanks dad."

Hannah stood and walked off. She knew Cal wasn't going to be happy that she had asked her dad. But she had to do something.

She wasn't going to let Taylor come between them. But she had no idea how this was about to be the downfall for her relationship with Cal.