1

Hannah placed her phone down on the side after she got the call off of her father. She sat on her bed feeling sick after she heard of her little sister seizure. She knew that she had to go to England, she needed to see how grace was ad she knew that she would be no good in America, she knew that her dad would also need her to be there. She knew that he acted strong but she needed to go and be with her family, after all they were her only family since she lost her mum to cancer a year alone. Hannah grabbed a suitcase and grabbed her clothes out of her wardrobe before she zipped it up. She grabbed her phone and looked for the next available flight as she grabbed her passport and walked off out of the flat and sighed. She didn’t know how long she would be away, but she knew that England was the place to be at the moment no matter what it took.

***

Hannah stood from the taxi and sighed as she stood outside of the ED. She had been in America for the last six years, mostly with her father Sam Strachan. When she was younger, her mum got ill and gave full custody to sam. She hadn't been to holby since she was fifteen and knew that a lot had changed since then. Hannah walked in and walked to the reception "hi, err, where is grace Beauchamp's room?" Hannah asked as noel looked to her "it's just family at the minute, im afraid" he said "I'm family" Hannah said "oh, your related to Connie?" "no, Sam, he's my father, grace is my sister" Hannah said as noel nodded "oh i see, err upstairs and to the left" noel said as Hannah thanked him and walked off towards graces room.

Hannah stood outside of graves room and looked in. She saw grace was asleep and smiled at her "Hannah?" She her Connie call and hannah turned to see a tired Connie with a coffee. Hannah looked at her and smiled "what are you doing here?" Connie asked "dad called, told me about grace. I wanted to come and visit and see how she is" Hannah said as Connie smile to her. "come in?" she said to hannah who smiled. She walked into graces hospital room and sat next to grace and smiled to her "hey Gracie, it's me, its Han. I'm here and you're going to be fine I promise" Hannah said as she wiped away the tears from her eyes. The door to the room opened and Sam walked in, he looked to Hannah and frowned "what are you doing here? He asked "you know what I'm doing here dad" Hannah said as she looked to grace and smiled. Sam sighed as he looked to his daughters. They had a close bond and he knew how this would affect Hannah.

***

Hannah stood at a vending machine as she got a chocolate bar out. She groaned as it got stuck and kicked the machine “the machine doesn’t like that” Hannah heard a voice calk. She turned to see a doctor standing smirking at her “yeah. Well I don’t like it not giving me my chocolate” Hannah said as Cal smirked as he noticed her American accent “an American huh?” he asked as Hannah rolled her eye “technically no. I’m British but I’ve lived in America for five years ” Hannah said as he smirked “I’m Cal” Cal said “ Hannah” she smiled to him “so Hannah. What do you say you meet me after my shift and we go for a drink?” he asked as he slipped her his number. Hannah looked to him and smirked “is love to but I’m not that easy and I have an Ill sister upstairs and I’m about eight hours behind” Hannah said as she walked off. Cal looked to her and smirked. He wanted her more now that she had rejected him and he vowed he'd get her. Cal knew that Hannah would be a challenge but he liked a challenge.