5

Hannah sighed to herself as she got to work. She looked to her appearance in the mirror and sighed as she pulled her hair into a bun and slipped on her sunglasses. She knew that she had been out late the night before and had drank to much the night before. Hannah stood from the car and sighed to herself as she walked through the car park. She squealed as she felt an arm wrap around her waist and pull her close. She looked to see Cal and pushed him slightly and saw that he was smirking to her “you scared the hell out of me" she said as he looked to her and smirked “what can I say? I missed you" he said as he leant in and kissed her. Hannah pulled away and smirked to him “what are you up too?” she asked as he shrugged to her “hey, I missed you. You can’t blame a guy for missing his girlfriend” Cal said as Hannah looked to him “so, I’m your girlfriend now, am I?” she asked as he looked to her and smirked “damn right you are” he said as he leant in and kissed her.

He pulled away and frowned as he could see that she wasn’t herself “are you okay? You seem off?” he asked as she looked to him and sighed “I’m fine, I’m just worried over Gracie, my dad went back to America for a while, he said he had work to do bit grace isn’t even talking yet I thought he'd stay but he and Connie cant stand each other and stay in the same room, so I guess it’s better for her" Hannah said as he looked to her and smiled. He pulled her into a hug “It will be fine, besides grace has you” Cal said as Hannah nodded.

***

Hannah stood on the ED later that day as she spotted Connie. Hannah  looked to her and frowned and walked over to where Jacob and Elle was standing “isn’t it a little soon for her to be returning to work?” Hannah asked “yes, that’s what I thought" Elle said as they both looked to Jacob “she won’t listen to me, she's stubborn and thinks that keeping busy will help” Jacob said as Elle rolled her eyes at him “coward, your scared of her” “I am not” he said in defence “yeah, you are. I’ll talk to her" Hannah said “good luck" Jacob said as Hannah walked over to Connie and smiled “are you sure that this is the best thing, coming back to work? I mean grace needs you" Hannah said as Connie looked to her and smiled “I’m fine, I need to be there and return to work. Grace will be okay” Connie said as Hannah looked to her and frowned “I need to get everything normal for when grace is discharged" Connie said as Hannah nodded. She wasn't so sure but let it go.

***

Later that day. Hannah sat next to graces bedside as Cal walked on. He looked to her and smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder “She will fine han, you know that" he said as she sighed “I don’t know Cal" she said as he smiled to her “grace is a fighter, she is just like her bog sister. She will be fine" he said as he looked to her and she started to cry. He pulled her close and into his chest where she began to sob. He ran a hand through her hair and smiled “It will be okay" he said as he kissed her forehead.

Hannah walked into Connie’s office and frowned as she saw that she was starting. Hannah couldn’t help but feel slightly awkward “are you okay?” Hannah asked as Connie looked to her “You were right, I need to be there for grace. I can’t loose her not . I spent fail her like I failed you" Connie said as Hannah like to her and frowned confused “what do you mean?” she asked as Connie looked to her “I’m sorry...I’m your mother"