Fencing and Falling Gargoyles...

Y/N and Wednesday walked into the fencing room where there were pairs duelling with foils clattering and the sounds of grunting. Y/N watched as Rowan and Bianca duelling, where Rowan lost to Bianca.

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me." Rowan complained.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach retorted.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck. Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?" Bianca gloated pompously.

"I do." Wednesday volunteered, Y/N smirked. Y/N approached Xavier.

"Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in." Bianca said smarmily.

"You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee. Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, they drop dead." Wednesday said sassily as Y/N was grinning inanely.

"Ooh!" The other fencers murmured amongst themselves.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defence. He's not helpless, he's lazy." Bianca said as Y/N thought of a reply himself but Wednesday was faster on the draw in this situation.

"Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday said, Bianca took her position.

"En garde."

The two of them began duelling, going back and forth until Wednesday ducked under an attack from Bianca and landed a hit on the self appointed queen bee.

"Point to Wednesday." The coach said as the two girls reassumed their positions.

They both restarted duelling both continued going on, both more focused and driven to win, until Bianca managed to land a hit on Wednesday.

"The score is even."

"That first point was clearly beginner's luck. Let's finish this." Bianca said confidently.

"For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips."

"Ooh." Everyone murmered as Y/N smirked proudly.

"Winner draws first blood." Wednesday said as she looked to Y/N who winked at her reassuringly.

"It's your decision, Bianca."

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white." Bianca said as Y/N was left bewildered, the comment wasn't even a smart one, he understood the jab, but it just made her sound stupid.

Bianca and Wednesday began duelling again, both giving as good as they got, with Wednesday fighting to humiliate Bianca, Y/N watched in suspense as they both fought until the room was filled with the sound of the foil slicing and a disbelieving gasp from Wednesday, Y/N was quick to notice the small cut above Wednesday's left eyebrow.

"Your face finally got that splash of colour it so desperately needed." Bianca said proudly with a chuckle.

Bianca turned to Y/N and smirked at him.

"And I thought you and her would be a challenge." Bianca gloated as Y/N picked up a foil and put his mask on the floor.

"Well. Don't worry, I'll fuck you up so bad you memory will be worse than the rest of the goldfish." Y/N said as he gave a fencing salute.

"Hoohoo." The students murmured to themselves.

Y/N and Bianca began duelling with Y/N using his speed and strength to overwhelm Bianca, Y/N avoided an attack from Bianca and managed to land a hit on her, cutting her on her cheek. They restarted and began again with Y/N managing to disarm Bianca and land a hit on her.

"Well, do ya, punk?" Y/N asked coldly as he looked Bianca in the eyes, holding the tip of the blade pressed into Bianca's cheek.

"You win." Bianca snarled before storming out as Y/N smirked.

"You're Wednesday, right? Rowan. I know how you feel."

"I guarantee you don't." Wednesday replied bluntly.

"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere. I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts. But it looks like you're gonna give me a run for my money. Uh... Sorry about the... nick." Rowan said as Y/N applied the plaster to the cut on Wednesday's forehead.

"No good deed goes unpunished." Wednesday said as Y/N leant in and whispered to Wednesday.

"Who are you kidding, you love punishment, you carry a DIY rack around with you." Y/N said as he nodded to Wednesday who walked outside.

As walked out into the rain, Wednesday could hear the sound of stone scraping, she looked up and saw a gargoyle falling towards her.

"Wednesday!" A voice yelled out as she was tackled to the floor, hitting her head on the floor.

Y/N was looking around the office for any first aid supplies for his dorm when the door opened up and in walked Xavier carrying an unconscious Wednesday.

"Talk now and choose your words wisely." Y/N said with a hint of cold rage in his voice as Xavier began explaining what happened.

As Wednesday woke up she looked up at Y/N shining a torch at her and checking she was all right.

"Welcome back." Y/N said gently and to Wednesday, in a soothing voice.

"Just take it easy." Xavier said as from her right as she turned to look at him. "Y/N said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?"

"The last thing I remember I was walking outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust. I never felt that way before." Wednesday said as Y/N looked at her with his eyebrow raised but she just glared at him, without speaking she delivered a threat.

"Losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think." Xavier said.

"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, 'At least I'll have an imaginative death.' Then you tackled me out of the way. Why?" Wednesday asked, making Xavier click his tongue.

"Call it instinct." Xavier stated calmly.

"So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?"

"Mm-hmm. Most people just say thank you." Xavier responded as Y/N handed an ice pack to Wednesday.

"Hold that on the back of your head. Doctor's orders." Y/N said with a smirk.

"I didn't want to be rescued." Wednesday said to Xavier.

"I shoulda just let that thing smash you to mush?" Xavier replied as Y/N scoffed.

"I would have rather saved myself."

Now it Xaviers turn to scoff.

"Good to see you haven't changed. If makes you feel any better, let's just say I returned the favour. Xavier Thorpe? You probably don't remember me. Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter, 40 pounds heavier."

"What happened?" Wednesday asked.

"Puberty, I guess." Xavier stated as Y/N rolled his eyes.

"Not that, dipshit." Y/N remarked.

"What happened the last time we met?"

"Oh. Uh. Yeah, it... it was my godmother's funeral. She was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. I don't know, but we were ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek. I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket. I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."

"I'd heard muffled screams. I just figured your godmother had cheated death and was trying to claw her way out."

"Either way, you hit the big red stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled. So... now we're even." Xavier said as Y/N smirked.

'Huh, heroine of the downtrodden and the stupid.' Y/N thought internally while gazing at Wednesday before dismissing them both and leaving alongside Wednesday.