Woe Is The Loneliest Number

"This story is about to take a dark turn."

Police were investigating the scene where Wednesday told them Rowan had been attacked.

"Usually, I love dark turns. Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party. But not this one." Wednesday thought as she turned to look at Y/N who was returning from bringing Bianca to the scene telling her to get the police.

"We've been searching for hours, Sheriff. The dogs need a break. Think we missed something?" The Deputy asked as Sheriff Galpin looked around pensively.

"I say we double back, sweep Collet Creek, and then call it a night." The Sheriff said as his deputy nodded.

"Okay."

"How could you miss a dead body?" Wednesday asked in bewilderment.

"'Cause it wasn't there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night." The Sheriff said.

"I told you the search party looked all night-"

"Well, your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home. We saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of us." Wednesday remarked.

"Get a good look at this monster thing?" Galpin asked as Y/N looked astounded by the mans stupidity.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." Wednesday replied wryly.

"Rather rude of it, I was going to offer it a drink maybe." Y/N stated sarcastically.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates." Galpin stated as Y/N looked at him.

"I don't think so, I don't even know what this monster was, I've never seen it before."

"Sheriff, I find that question offensive." Weems objected.

"I don't care, 'cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods." The Sheriff snapped at Weems. "Only reason I didn't tell L/N is because we suspected him until last night."

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems pointed out.

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that."

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed." Weems complained as Y/N groaned.

"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?"

"The Sheriff is right to suspect everyone. We don't know who's behind this, we can't afford to rule anyone out." Y/N remarked as Weems looked at him shocked as the Sheriff sighed.

"My guess is Rowan ran away." Weems said as Y/N sighed.

"State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either." Galpin answered.

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." Y/N remarked.

"What were you doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams? I know Y/N was doing his job and responding to an incident report."

"I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate. That's when I stumbled upon the attack. Y/N showed up looking for me because he was doing his job." Wednesday said as Y/N looked at Galpin.

"Then what happened?"

"Then I ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help. Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm." Wednesday responded.