Arrival of the Parents...

Wednesday was stood in 'the quad' looking up at a balcony.

"How well do we really know our parents? Take my father. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder that took place right up there. Which leads me to wonder...what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago?"

Wednesday watched as her family arrived, she felt the presense of Y/N as he arrived and Enid joined them, even her usual chirpy optimism was seemingly gone.

Gomez Addams and Morticia arrived with Pugsley close by.

"Ah, the fetid air of teenage angst. These were the best years of our lives, were they not, Tish?" Gomez said joyously.

"They certainly were, mi cariño. I hope Wednesday's happy to see us. I left a dozen messages on her crystal ball. Still no reply." Morticia said to Gomez as they got out of the car.

"Fret not, my plum-lipped cupid. I'm sure she's dying to see us." Gomez said as he kissed Morticia's hand.

"Come on, let's go." Pugsley said excitedly as the Addams Family walked into Nevermore.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are. I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery." Weems proclaimed as Y/N and Wednesday watched alongside Enid. "So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet."

"On the mend? Try in a coma." Wednesday remarked as Enid looked at her.

"Have you been to see him? You're his friend." Enid said as Wednesday looked at her.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital. My failure to catch this monster is the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday stated.

"That is not your fault, okay? Besides, the monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week. Maybe you finally scared it off." Enid said.

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend." Wednesday said as she looked around at everyone, trying to see if she could find a suspect.

"Look at this. Some things never change." Morticia's voice said as she looked around.

"I knew I should have worn my plague mask." Wednesday remarked.

"Would you look at my family?" Enid said pointing towards her family who all let out a howl. "Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out."

Enid let out a sigh. That was when Y/N arrived. spotting his parents.

"Y/N, are your parents making an appearance this year?" Enid asked as Y/N saw a familiar couple arrive. 

"There's your answer." Y/N said as he watched his parents look over to him. "Let's get this crap over with."

As Y/N went to walk away, he heard Wednesday speak.

"Y/N...do you need me to help you with this?" Wednesday asked as Y/N smiled at her and shook his head.

"No. I got this. I'll see you later on." Y/N said as he away, heading away from his parents and to his small dorm room.

Y/N was reading through everything relating to the case, pulling out a whisky and pouring himself a double. He was underage to drink, but he didn't give a shit, he didn't need to give a shit, his Physiology meant any damage he did to his body with habits like smoking or drinking would heal by regeneration, so why should he bother holding back on drinking.

As Y/N sat there with his whisky, he looked at every minute detail in the case file.

"Christ, how am I supposed to catch this fucker if I don't know what kind of a monster I'm dealing with?" Y/N said to himself as he sighed. He ran his hands over his face in exhaustion before pinching the bridge of his nose. The phone rang and Y/N picked it up. "Nevermore Prefects office."

"Good morning Y/N, I just want to inform you that your parents are joining you in your therapy session today. Also, I was wondering if you could come to my office, there are some things your parents and I need to discuss with you."

"I'm a little busy right now, I'll stop by when I get the chance." Y/N said as he gulped down his whisky.

"Very well, make sure you do." Weems said as the call ended.

As Y/N put the phone down he stood up from his desk and looked at the file. Xavier was Wednesday's top suspect, and Y/N wasn't to inclined to disagree with her reasoning, he was putting his money on someone else, sure Xavier was an asshole sometimes, but he didn't come across as a serial killer, granted most serial killers don't tend to come across as homicidal maniacs anyway, but something in Y/N's gut was telling him Xavier was innocent. Nevertheless, he was a lead for now, and Y/N was determined to follow up on that lead, if anything else it would help him avoid therapy with his parents, he needed to strategize about how he was going to confront his parents with the book he had found his family tree in...