Paint It Black

The door opened to reveal Enid along with another girl who was dressed in all black an white, her skin was pale slightly and she had raven black hair in pigtails. Next to her was a young boy who was slightly portly, wearing shorts and a striped shirt. The two of them looked at Y/N who was looking directly back at the girl.

Enid decided to try and break the awkward silence.

"Y/N this is-" Enid began.

"Wednesday?"

----

Y/N looked at Wednesday, their eyes locking momentarily as they gazed into one another's eyes.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Enid asked as Y/N looked to Wednesday's brother.

"Know each other? I'm here because I stuck up for Pugsley when some asshole was picking on him, and Wednesday...well, we were in the same class." Y/N said as Wednesday looked at him, it was a half truth she was fine with.

"It's been a while Y/N, how've you been?"

"How's it look? I'm in the shittiest dorm, with the shittiest Job." Y/N said as Wednesday looked around.

"You're alone with no distractions, wanna swap?"

"Unfortunately I can't, if Weems caught wind of me doing that I'd be out of here." Y/N said as Wednesday nodded.

"Thank you Enid, I think I can find my own way back, why don't you take Pugsley back to my mother and father." Wednesday said as Enid looked confused.

"Are you sur-" Before Enid could finish, Wednesday stepped into the room and closed the door in her face.

"So, what is your job around here?"

"Prefect, or as some people refer to it, Sheriff of Outcasts." Y/N said as he pulled out a chewing gum and offered some to Wednesday which she accepted, as she put the gum in her mouth, Wednesday glanced to Y/N who looked like hammered shit.

"So you know this place inside out?"

"Planning on escaping already?" Y/N asked as Wednesday smirked.

"Yes. Planning on trying to stop me?"

"Why would I do that? You're your own woman and last I checked, I've yet to meet someone who can make you do anything you don't want to." Y/N said as Wednesday smirked at him. "How's the rest of the family?"

"Mother and Father are in the quad if you'd like to speak with them."

"I might stop by later. So, the fun part...what did they send you here for?"

"School Jocks locked Pugsley in a locker after tying him up and stuffing his mouth shut with an apple. So I dropped two bags full of Piranha's into the school swimming pool when they were in a private practice." Wednesday explained as Y/N smirked.

"Nice, creativity points...one question, where'd you get the piranha's?" Y/N asked as Wednesday smirked.

"A magician never reveals their secrets." Wednesday said as Y/N smirked.

"Right, okay, no sense in trying to make you tell me, seeing as I like my teeth in my mouth." Y/N said as Wednesday leaned against the door.

"So, how have you been, really, since we last met?" Wednesday asked as Y/N smirked.

"Say what you mean Wednesday, you know I always tell you the truth." Y/N said as Wednesday nodded.

"Any girls that have...captured your eye, since me?" Wednesday asked, cursing herself for letting her emotionless façade drop for a moment, as soon as she saw him again, she knew it was going to be tough hiding the truth from him, he had a way of making her...different.

"Are you asking if there's been anyone else?" Y/N asked as Wednesday nodded. "No. Me and Enid are just good friends. She's a good person Wednesday, you can trust her. And if not her, you can trust-"

"You. I always trust you Y/N." Wednesday said as Y/N smiled.

"Well, I know this is useless information to you, but this is the prefects office, I'm the prefect, you need help, come see me. Yeah, I've got my doubts that's gonna happen, you've never needed help in the past." Y/N said as Wednesday looked at him.

"A lot can change in two years."

"You haven't. Still as radiant as ever Cara Mia."  Y/N said as Wednesday approached him. "Stupid question, but have any other boys caught your eye since me?"

"None whatsoever. Come on, let's go see the sights." Wednesday said as she opened the door, heading with Y/N out of the office and to the front entrance where the Addams family and the car was.

"Look at you, my little deathtrap. Seeing you in this uniform brings back so many terrible memories. Doesn't it, Tish?" Gomez doted over his daughter.

"Yes. Why don't you boys wait in the car? Wednesday and I need a moment." Morticia said as Pugsley hugged Wednesday.

"Pugsley, you're soft and weak. You'll never survive without me. I give you two months, tops." Wednesday said as she looked blankly at him.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, sis." Pugsley said with a nod before joining Gomez in the car.

"Any plans you have of running away end right now. I've alerted all family members to contact me the minute you darken their doorstep. You have nowhere to go." Morticia said sternly.

"As usual, you underestimate me, Mother. I will escape this educational penitentiary, and you will never hear from me again." Wednesday said.

"You are a brilliant girl, Wednesday, but sometimes you get in your own way. I'm sure you'll grow to love Nevermore, and find it as life-changing as I did. Oh, I got you a little something. W... M. Our initials. It's made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions. It's a symbol of our connection." Morticia said as she presented Wednesday with the gift.

"Which one of your spirits suggested this toe-curling tchotchke? I'm not you, Mother. I will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family." Wednesday said coldly as Morticia smirked, deciding to leave the topic of Wednesday falling in love alone.

"I'm told girls your age say hurtful things, and I shouldn't take it to heart."

"Fortunately, you don't have one." Wednesday replied.

"Finally, a kind word for your mother. Lurch, the crystal ball, please. We can't talk to you for the first week while you're settling in, so we'll call you next Sunday. Y/N, I know you'll do it anyway, but please...look after her."

"Sure. You take care Mrs Addams." Y/N said as Morticia smiled and left, the car drove off and Y/N joined Wednesday in walking back into the school, where she asked for him to continue the tour where Enid left off, a request which he obliged...