chapter 24

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

The crew had docked on an island named Jaya...

and no, it was not the sky island.

In around about way after a series of different events. The first being searching for treasure at the bottom of the ocean from the sinking ship. Finding out what it meant to be an archaeologist from robin. It was a strange experience to watch the women playing about with the remains of a skeleton in coffin and know its origins.

Dawnya shouldn't help but shuddered thinking of chopper explaining how the owner of the skeleton had passed. A drill hole to the head? Really? And the fact robin worked out where the ship was found...

Dawnya had to admit the women was smart.

Though Luffy almost drowned not realising the sinking boat he was stood on was ACTUALLY, sinking, he'd discovered something that really gave evidence of the sky island. A map of Skypiea, a sky island. That appeared (from the old map to by) was made of clouds.

Though they still haven't figured out how to physically get there.

None other than maybe herself, the crew couldn't fly...

The argument led to the monster trio as Nami called them, to dive to the bottom of the sea and look for more evidence or even a way to get to the island in the sky. Or in the eyes of Nami, salvage the ship and get treasures for money.

Which led to meeting the monkey.

Dawnya blinked at decided to ignore the monkey look alike and opted to keeping an ear of the monster trio... thought she wouldn't admit she was mainly listening to the breathing of one certain person.

This led to the second bit of evidence that people actually living in the sky.

Giant shadows people being casted onto the stormy clouds that had appeared as the boys and the monkey man mashira raced to salvage the boat first.

She couldn't help the shiver race down her spine at the sight of the giant humanoid winged shadows. If that wasn't a sign that people lived in the heavens, she wasn't sure what would be. After the crew escapes from the terrifying sight of the shadows, and the giant sea turtle that decided to eat the sunken ship. And kicking the monkey off there ship. The group had discussed to travel to the closet island. Jaya having found an enteral log post a certain monkey had left behind.

Thought it hadn't been smooth sailing for the female.

She had been shot at.

The swordswomen after the chaos had died returned to her perch at the top of the flagpole, she'd opted to mediate to try and calm the raging winds within her. It was peaceful for a time. The women feeling the wind around the ship, sensing the wind dancing under the wings of the seagulls flying around them.

Peaceful until she felt eyes on her still form, eyes burning into her still form. Eyes she couldn't pinpoint in her mind's eye and something on the wind. Forcing its way towards her at a fast rate. She didn't open her eyes. Kept them closed as she felt the natural pull, and the wind surrounding her, pushing the object slightly off course.

There was a squark followed by a thud.

Dawnya opened her eyes, blue hues focusing on the blue seas that surrounding them on all side. No land. No ships in sight.

She stood surveying the surrounding seas, still feeling those eyes on her. she couldn't help the feeling that the bullet had been aimed at her...

A bullet that shed moved with the wind.