chapter 27

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

Dawnya stepped onto the ship feeling like a new person.

She felt like a weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders. She didn't have to worry about anyone seeing the brands and dragging her back to that place.

Another link had been cut, a cut, allowing her the freedom she'd dreamed of. The freedom to fly with the birds in the sky the freedom to sail the seas without the baggage of her past.

Yes, she knew that she had a long way to go before she truly was free but...

It was a large step for her to make.

"Sounds like a big fight started, did something happen?" the cowboy wearing women asked, stepping onto the deck.

"Ah Ah! You're back Robin-Chan! Dawnya! Would you like to eat first or take a bath first?" the flirty cook called spotting the pair.

"Where have you been!" Nami shouted over the swooning cook – frustration clearly lining the women's face.

"I went to buy some clothes, for me and Dawnya here. And I also tried to find clues about 'sky island' along the way" the women showed the group of pirates the bags in her hands.

Dawnya blinked, not having realised the women had brought her clothes... and for the women not revealing what SHE had been doing during that time. She hoped that there were breathable clothes. She needed to let the tattoo she'd gotten to feel the air according to Marvin. (The tattooist) He'd given her a whole care plan for the ink... it wasn't a small one.

"Oh yeah! It was all because of you robin! You and your 'sky island' talk! If it doesn't exist, I'll feed you to the sharks!" Nami shouted, frustrated with her lack of results and the humiliation from earlier that day. Dawnya eyes drifted to the swordman – like she'd often did. Noting the injuries on his and Luffy form.

"What happened?" she questioned quietly.

"Just some idiots." The green haired male shrugged, as behind them robins showed the pirates a map. Explaining that the map of Jaya showed them a location for the answered the pirate crew seek.

Or at least a man, who was exiled for talking about his dreams.

Soon enough they made it to the other side of the island. With only a few minor hiccups that didn't need mentioning...

Dawnya was starting to dislike scavenger pirates though...

-x-x- author unmotivated and lazy –x-x-

Dawnya blinked staring at the sight before her.

A giant house. It was at least three times of the height of the going merry. A colour swirl of towers looking imposing on the small ship. She furrowed her brows, sometimes was off about the rich looking house. Something didn't sit right in her stomach. She moved to the edge of the ship, trying to see pass the font.

"Ah! It's just a board!" exclaimed a disappointed Luffy who had jumped to shore.

Sure enough, the giant rich looking house was just a board to cover the real much smaller half house. Yes, half a house – the building appeared to be cut in half like the land it was stood on. Landslide maybe?

"What dreams did he speak about when we were exiled?" Nami asked robin. Curiously lacing her voice as she thought about the man they were coming to meet.

"I don't know all the details" robin admitted for her seat. "Be he talked about a large amount of gold hidden here on Jaya Island"

The mention of gold caused everyone to snapped towards the older women. Gold, the thing the world ran on. She followed the group silently as they stepped onto shore – watching with a tilt of the head as Luffy just walked into the house.