chapter 28

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

"what's taking them so long?" Nami whined from her viewpoint on the ship. The red sky was starting to appear on the horizon - dawn time was nearing. The ginger continued to pace while the others waited anxiously.

"Wait... what's that..." Usopp pointed, moving the scope from his eyes as he saw a dust cloud raising in the distance.

"hhhhheeeeyyyy!" Luffy called, hands waving windingly at the crew.

"Luffy! You late!"

"Look at this!" he lifted his hands upwards, "it's a Hercules!"

Dawnya trailed quietly behind him, a confused look shadows her showing features. Why the boy was obsessed with the bugs of the forest, she didn't know. It wasn't something she quiet understood.

She had to spend a good part of 30 minutes trying to convince the boy to leave the bug alone, only to capture it with the wind and gave it to him to quickly show the others.

"There was a slight delay" she muttered to Nami, glancing tiredly between the bug and captain as the boy showed the buy off to Usopp and Chopper.

"it's to by expected don't worry" Nami let out a heartful sigh before storming up to the boy. Delivering a swift punch to the back of the head.

"We need to go!"

-x-x-

The new upgraded going merry drifted along, following the direction of the south bird who head always faced south.

Dawnya stood of the decking, waiting with the others, eyes watching the dubiously still seas surrounding the island – looking for a sign of the knock-up stream.

"How was the fight?" Zoro stepped beside her, leading against the railing, arms crossed over his chest.

Dawnya thought back, mind drifting to the fight at had occurs hours before. "It ended quickly. A single punch"

"A single punch? I knew his punches were weak, didn't think he was that weak" muttered Zoro, resting his hand on the hilt of his blades.

"He underestimated Luffy, from earlier actions. Believing that he had the upper hand from the early beat up and hidden devil fruit"

"He had a devil fruit?"

"Spring-Spring I believe..." Dawnya nodded, "he was very slow, bouncing all over the place. Luffy took him out with a Singal punch. Out cold" she explained.

Zoro glanced towards her, "Slow, eh? We still haven't had our sparing match, yet you know..."